PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Pins

Rich W Johnson
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Recently, a newly installed DirectX plugin reported back "trouble connecting pins" when attempting a selection. What does this mean?

Rail Jon Rogut
12-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Think of the DirectX Plug-in as a black box with Input Pins and Output Pins... if the host program (SAWStudio) asks the plug-in to connect via these pins and it can't because the plug-in doesn't support the current sample rate or uses the wrong data format (integer only or floating point only)... you'll get that message.

Which plug-in is it?

Rail

SoundSuite
12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
It can also happen if you are putting a stereo only plugin on a mono track, or a mono only plugin on a stereo track.

Rich W Johnson
12-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Think of the DirectX Plug-in as a black box with Input Pins and Output Pins... if the host program (SAWStudio) asks the plug-in to connect via these pins and it can't because the plug-in doesn't support the current sample rate or uses the wrong data format (integer only or floating point only)... you'll get that message.

Which plug-in is it?

Rail

Hello Jon: The plugin is called sampleslide. It installed AOK on one of my other computers, however, on this latest computer install, using same ASUS MB, processor OS, it gives me the pins message. I have an idea I want to work with to see if I can fix the situation.

Rich