PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting cue track preload's with mt entry moves

AudioAstronomer
12-15-2004, 01:48 PM
When you have a lot of cue locations placed in a large project, but then the lengths of the entries in the input tracks are changed, is there an easy way to control the offset of the control track entries as well?

Specific example persay: Cue location at 0:00 and 4:00, track starting at 0:00 ending at3:30. The track is replaced and is now 4:50 long. Is there a quick way to offset the control track entry? With a large edl and you change just one thing in the beginning... that would be A LOT of manual changing.

AudioAstronomer
12-15-2004, 07:31 PM
anyone?>

Naturally Digital
12-15-2004, 08:04 PM
anyone?>Is this a riddle? :p

Uh, first thing that comes to mind for me is 'backspace'...

Tab to the cue location, set a B point then click and set an E point so that the cue marker is within a 'marked area'. Move (or tab) to your new location, scroll back up to the control track and hit <backspace>.

If you need to offset a bunch of cue locations but the offset is the same for all of them, then just include all the cue markers in your selection on the control track before moving the cursor to the destination for the "first cue point".

Wow, does this sound confusing? I'm going to have to read it again! ;)

Would that do it for ya?
Dave

Dave Labrecque
12-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Dave pretty much sums up the only way I know to do it. It's not bad once you do it a few times. There's a lot of stuff like this that become a snap when you're using a mouse wheel for zooming.

I had to do this a zillion times once for a project, so I created a macro to do it for me.

Bob L
12-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Robert,

Marking the Cue Locations, as mentioned, is all that's needed. You can then just grab the marked area and slide it down the timeline... all included Cues will go with you.

By the way, try simply placing your cursor at the first marker you want to move and pressing Shift-End-Key... this will mark all the way to the end, with no need to zoom out and find the end... then simply grab and slide. :)

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
12-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks Bob :)

Dave Labrecque
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Robert,

Check this out: if you select a few tracks of audio AND the Control track (click on the track numbers), then mark an area, you can drag all the marked audio AND control data by shift-dragging one of the audio tracks. So, if you need to move audio AND control track data together, you're covered.

Hey, Bob,

Is there a way to move selected MT entries and control track data together? This might be helpful when there are overlaps in the MT entries between those you want and those you don't.

Bob L
12-16-2004, 06:38 PM
No... only the slip track function of grabbing the marked area will hook the video and control track.

Bob L