PDA

View Full Version : Saving mix session from remote issue

dbarrow
10-25-2009, 07:46 AM
This happened a few weeks ago and then again last night one time: Saving the mix session from remote froze the meter display and response of SACRemote, which then shut itself down with an error message a minute or so later. I just got a Dell Mini 10 netbook, so I had it and my other main remote, a Dell Inspiron XPS, running at FOH to test the new netbook. Saving the mix session on either machine froze the display, caused program shutdown, etc. on both machines. I was able to restart SACRemote and reconnect without issue. No one noticed anything, but me, so I thought I would mention it to see if anyone else had such an issue.

Bob L
10-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Running Vista on that mini?

Once again... remote issues seem to have a common theme... Vista.

Not sure why... but I still suggest leaving Vista out of the picture.

Bob L

dbarrow
10-25-2009, 11:04 AM
It was doing the same thing on my main remote (using XP) before I got the netbook with Vista. It wouldn't do it all the time, but it would do it every once in a while. The netbook with Vista actually works quite well. I think something happens at some point to where saving a mix session on either the netbook or the notebook (or just the notebook) with freeze SACRemote and I have to restart SACRemote. It isn't a huge deal. The live mix just keeps on going from wherever it was until I regain remote control again.

Bob L
10-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Well... its not ok... this should not happen... and as you said... it only happens once in a while... so something is up....

Are you using version 2.2... changes were made to the TCP/IP save routines... also... what about Wormhole... are you using that... that has been discovered to maybe be a factor in other remote issues.

What about complex vst plugins that take a while to save or load huge sample sets.

Can you duplicate the problem with a step by step so I can chase it down?

Bob L