PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Automation?

Shawn
06-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Bob, could it be possible to to add a selection in the automation options to, "ramp up/down to last automation move", allowing you to do this with any of the console's automation controls, just like you can with fades?

I don't like automating during playback, I find it doesn't really offer precise enough control, and it's a very tedious job to sit and write/save smooth automation moves for the automation gallery for things like pan sweeps, and channel aux send fades, being able to set the cursor, move a control to the desired end postion, then back up the cursor to the move's start point, and then have SS automatically do a nice smooth ramp up/down to the last written automation would be a wonderful thing! :)

Shawn...

MMP
06-05-2004, 08:20 AM
This is in there...you have to be in automation view filter mode. I use this for panning of sound effects all the time.

You use the F key just like for volume.

MM

Shawn
06-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks Michael, I'm going to check it out right now! there's nothing like doing things the hard way for 6 months!!!

Bob L
06-05-2004, 08:38 AM
As Michael mentioned... when in View Filter mode, you can use the F key as you do for fades... the View Filter tells the program which kind of automation entry you would like to fade... otherwise the F key defaults to Fader level.

Bob L