PDA

View Full Version : Winamp / Spdif problem...(what's new...)

Jeff Scott
11-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Tries for 2 hours to get Winamp to patch thru the Spdif in /out with no success. Read everything written in the forum and tried as best to follow it.
In SAC/Audio Devices/ IN/OUT....I only see a listing that reads "Spdif L". It does not read SPdif "In or "Out"..so perhaps that has some bearing. I tried to configure the Winamp Playback to The RAYDAT Spdif and while it would select it...it said that the device was "Unavailable"...I checked e3very instance that I could find that used the RAYDAT card to ensure that pdif was not being used....

I found a work around solution....my ASUS motherboard has a buit-in Sound card / driver...I just ran an 1/8" to (2) 1/4" plug out of the back of the computer into 2 channels of the ADA8000...viola...Winamp runs thru SAC......

Can't wait until your media player comes out Bob....sign me up.....

905shmick
11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
SAC devices normally show stereo, ie ADAT 1,3,5 = 1/2, 3/4, 5/6

Same goes for SPDIF L = L/R

If you see the spdif device in SAC, you cant use it with winamp. You'll need to disable it in SAC first.

Jeff Scott
11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
So if Spdif L=L/R ..that is (1) stereo pair...how do you select Spdif in and Spdif Out

Also....plugged in the Raydat Breakout cable into the back of the card and plugged a Male to Male RCA jack between the 2 RCA plugs on the breakout cable...did I do that right?

After 2 hours of searching I 'm pretty certain there was no RAYDAT Spdif assigned anywhere else....

905shmick
11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Click the Out/In button at the top of the Audio Device Setup window to switch between your Outputs and Inputs.

You'll see the labels change from Stereo Device Out to Stereo Device In

You only need to remove the SPDIF L from Output as you'll be using the SPDIF L input with SAC.

The male to male cable will work. You might also be able to internally do this on the card, but that can be done later once you get this working.