PDA

View Full Version : Asio Skip First Buffer PreLoad

MikeDee
11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Bob, is this setting (or something similar) needed in SAC for certain sound cards, such as my Layla24? I have it activated in SAWStudio (when I use ASIO).

Not sure whether this might tie in with my Layla24/ASIO issues in SAC. :confused:

Thanks and regards,

RBIngraham
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Bob, is this setting (or something similar) needed in SAC for certain sound cards, such as my Layla24? I have it activated in SAWStudio (when I use ASIO).

Not sure whether this might tie in with my Layla24/ASIO issues in SAC. :confused:

Thanks and regards,

Wow, you're still having issues huh?

I wish I could be of more help. I've run 2 shows now with all Layla 24/96 units and ASIO, at 2x64 buffer size.

Have you every tried to call or email Echo?

Bob L
11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
That option has no use in SAC because it was concerning missing the first buffer of data when playback was first started... in SAC... the engine is always running once you engage it.... and you are generally not starting and stopping it during use.

Bob L

MikeDee
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Ah, I understand, Bob. One less variable to consider as I deal with my Layla24/ASIO issue.

Rich, I can't tell you how disappointed I was with Marcel's [Echo's] reply.

First he suggested I try the asio4all driver. Even if it would have worked (it didn't), I would have questioned the stability, let alone the loss of support by Echo (along with some of their driver's functionality).

After I wrote back, letting him know that his suggestion was totally unacceptable [although I didn't say it, I thought he *had* to be kidding!], he then suggested I go back to Echo driver v6.14. Although I have not yet done this (I'm still on v7.3 [latest]), I don't expect this to work, since, prior to upgrading to 7.3, I was at 6.14.1.

So...looks like I'll be sticking with their PureWave driver, which to my utter surprise, has been holding up at 2×128 (or 3×128 when using VSTi***8729;s, such as Kore 2).

Best regards,

RBIngraham
11-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Ah, I understand, Bob. One less variable to consider as I deal with my Layla24/ASIO issue.

Rich, I can't tell you how disappointed I was with Marcel's [Echo's] reply.

First he suggested I try the asio4all driver. Even if it would have worked (it didn't), I would have questioned the stability, let alone the loss of support by Echo (along with some of their driver's functionality).

After I wrote back, letting him know that his suggestion was totally unacceptable [although I didn't say it, I thought he *had* to be kidding!], he then suggested I go back to Echo driver v6.14. Although I have not yet done this (I'm still on v7.3 [latest]), I don't expect this to work, since, prior to upgrading to 7.3, I was at 6.14.1.

So...looks like I'll be sticking with their PureWave driver, which to my utter surprise, has been holding up at 2×128 (or 3×128 when using VSTi***8729;s, such as Kore 2).

Best regards,

Sorry to hear that Mike. I have no idea what the issue is. For me they just work. It's probably some combination of motherboard chipset, drivers and who knows what else that cause you not to be able to achieve the same performance I get out of mine.

All I know is that my Layla 24/96 units have mixed two shows, one using almost every input I got on 2 Layla units at 64x2 and they worked great and my meager PIV that they were installed in was running at about 40% on the CPU meter.

I guess in Echo's defense it's worth looking at the fact at least they are trying to help you out with a product that has been discontinued for at least 5 years now or so. Not many companies would even bother to answer you. (trust me, I've run into many that are far worse)

But I understand how that's of little value to you.