PDA

View Full Version : Working on shade

brettbrandon
11-19-2009, 12:35 AM
I know Bob hasn't implemented shades in SAC yet, but I was wondering if I could get any feedback on a shade I have been working on. It's not a high contrast like some folks have been looking for, but what I'd like to see. Thank you HapHazzard for the info to get started. I'm making a shade for the EQ and Delay as well. It's a ways from finished, and I'm sure Bob will make some more changes before it's done, but would still appreciate any feedback on it. Here's a link to a screenshot of what I have so far...
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/softwareaudioconsole/SoFar.jpg

As far as the software is concerned, I've been using it live with our band since Feb of this year running Windows 7 on both main and remote machines. It has been rock solid, ultra clean, and capable of more than we will ever need. The only time the system locked up was on an outdoor gig with a bad power spike (I lost a keyboard module to it). I'm now thinking about running the main computer on a battery backup. Bob, you and this software ROCKS!!!

I do have one request as I run sound while playing. Would it be possible to borrow some "F" keys to be able to recall scenes with a single keystroke. I am using scenes to set the vocal effects and such.

Bob L
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Use the spacebar in auto-advance mode to recall scenes set in order for a show.

Bob L

Brent Evans
11-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Very nice on the shade, I would use it :)

brettbrandon
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Bob, I can't set anything up ahead of time. We don't have a set show or list. Sometimes I have to kill the effects during a song because the leader will start talking to the crowd during songs, or anywhere. I use 3 to 4 basic effects settings all night in who knows what order. Right now I try to arrow to the next (scene) effect I think is going to be used. I'll have the speaking reverb set to engage at the end of a song, and wow, he starts another song instead. Back to the arrows and space bar to change the effects. I hope that explains it.

JHaskill
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I like the shade...

Richard Rupert
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Very nice shade! Could you port it to SAW? Or not. No pressure. :)

brettbrandon
11-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure how I could port it to SAW mainly because I don't own the software. I know they are very much alike but not sure how I could trouble shoot placement of graphics.

Also, I found somewhere I could store a full screenshot...
http://brettbrandon.coolpage.biz/images/FullScreenshot.jpg

ambler
11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
The SAW demo uses the same graphics as the real thing so you can use that, but there is still an enormous amount of work to do when 'porting' a shade over.

Mark

Bruce Callaway
11-19-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure how I could port it to SAW mainly because I don't own the software. I know they are very much alike but not sure how I could trouble shoot placement of graphics.

Also, I found somewhere I could store a full screenshot...
http://brettbrandon.coolpage.biz/images/FullScreenshot.jpgLooks like it could be very useful when I am mixing outdoors with a lot of sunlight....cheers

brettbrandon
11-20-2009, 12:40 AM
I think most would convert pretty much as is, but seeing screenshots, SAW seems to have some graphics that are not a part of the SAC graphics. It looks like SAW is more complex than SAC........ Still, if you think a good bunch of SAW users would like the shade, when I get back on the road, working, sitting in my room needing something to do (that's where the current shade was mostly developed), I would be happy to ablidge. I give Bob alot of credit, handcoded software is like trying to find a custom woodcarver to cut the headboard for your bed.................. I'll do what I can, When I can........ To all............. SAC ON......

Richard Rupert
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
I think most would convert pretty much as is, but seeing screenshots, SAW seems to have some graphics that are not a part of the SAC graphics. It looks like SAW is more complex than SAC........ Still, if you think a good bunch of SAW users would like the shade, when I get back on the road, working, sitting in my room needing something to do (that's where the current shade was mostly developed), I would be happy to ablidge. I give Bob alot of credit, handcoded software is like trying to find a custom woodcarver to cut the headboard for your bed.................. I'll do what I can, When I can........ To all............. SAC ON......
Cool... I for one, would use it (I tend to switch fairly often among a few favorites- and this would be a favorite. But by all means; do it at your leisure! :)

brettbrandon
11-28-2009, 12:41 AM
:eek: The website I had the screenshot on is blocking the pic. Here's a page to view both SAC and SAWStudio screenshots...
http://brettbrandon.coolpage.biz

gdougherty
11-28-2009, 08:18 AM
The shade is growing on me. At first I wasn't a big fan of the all icy blue look. One suggestion though, for the level meters, I'd be missing the green/yellow/red progression. I use it as a handy analogy to the old analog days to allow for headroom without worrying about clipping.

brettbrandon
11-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks, I agree with the meters but my biggest problem with them is that they don't stand out enough. I'll try something different.

tatkin
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I like the colored Wide view A LOT! I've noticed that it's somewhat difficult for me to pick out just where things are on the stock view. This one makes it all very obvious at a glance.

I agree... the meters should stand out a bit more.

Otherwise, Great Work!