PDA

View Full Version : LiquidSonics Reverberate LE Usage Report

airickess
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Well I've finished my first weekend of shows using the LiquidSonics Reverberate LE plug-in with SAC. I'm using it in a performance piece (live singer performing to track with 6 dancers) that has 17 different songs. Thus I've created 17 different scenes with each changing mostly levels and reverbs. Using the Reverberate LE plug-in, I liked the sound of the reverbs. It was easy to use.
BUT, the donation splash screen pops up occasionally during live sessions when switching scenes. This can cause the plug-in to lose the preset it is in. Then the scene needs to be refreshed. I had the plug-in on the FX Pre section of Aux 1 Return. I had to open this, then open the plug-in, then refreshed the scene. It then reset.
I contacted Matt at LiquidSonics about this and inquired if the donation pop-up would stop if one donated. He wrote back and said the pop-up would not be disabled if one donated (and that's kind of a deal breaker for me). He also said that he's considering moving the plug-in to a licensed-based usage, based on feedback received from users. If it does go to a licensed-based plug-in, I would definitely purchase.

gdougherty
11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Well I've finished my first weekend of shows using the LiquidSonics Reverberate LE plug-in with SAC. I'm using it in a performance piece (live singer performing to track with 6 dancers) that has 17 different songs. Thus I've created 17 different scenes with each changing mostly levels and reverbs. Using the Reverberate LE plug-in, I liked the sound of the reverbs. It was easy to use.
BUT, the donation splash screen pops up occasionally during live sessions when switching scenes. This can cause the plug-in to lose the preset it is in. Then the scene needs to be refreshed. I had the plug-in on the FX Pre section of Aux 1 Return. I had to open this, then open the plug-in, then refreshed the scene. It then reset.
I contacted Matt at LiquidSonics about this and inquired if the donation pop-up would stop if one donated. He wrote back and said the pop-up would not be disabled if one donated (and that's kind of a deal breaker for me). He also said that he's considering moving the plug-in to a licensed-based usage, based on feedback received from users. If it does go to a licensed-based plug-in, I would definitely purchase.

Haven't run across this myself, but I typically load things up and manually change things as I'm playing and listening for samples I like. I'll watch out for it as I've never ever seen a donate screen with Reverberate. Of the convolution reverbs I've tried, it's the most efficient by far.

sjpaul
11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
You can purchase the full version of Reverberate for £30 (circa $50) from their website....

I assume that it won't have any nasty pop-ups.

airickess
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
You can purchase the full version of Reverberate for £30 (circa $50) from their website....

I assume that it won't have any nasty pop-ups.One can only hope.

AndyW69
11-25-2009, 04:20 AM
I have used the full product, no popups, preset reverbs sound great, stable in testing at home, just a large screen which takes up a lot of space

ps the sony oxford reverb is the best I've tried and seems stable in sac

Andy

IraSeigel
11-25-2009, 12:01 PM
ps the sony oxford reverb is the best I've tried and seems stable in sac

Andy

Fun with iLok.
Expensive, too (for live work)