View Full Version : Voxengo Holiday Discount

IraSeigel
12-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Voxengo has just announced a 15% discount for the holidays:
http://www.voxengo.com/press/153/

Ira

Ian Alexander
12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I have only one product from Voxengo, the CurveEQ. Two thumbs up. It's supposed to be for matching the "sound" of your band to a song you like. Maybe it works for that, too, but I use it to match VO inserts recorded in my studio to projects recorded elsewhere. Scary good for this. Different room, different mic, same guy. Really good matches.

Carl G.
12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
I have only one product from Voxengo, the CurveEQ. Two thumbs up. It's supposed to be for matching the "sound" of your band to a song you like. Maybe it works for that, too, but I use it to match VO inserts recorded in my studio to projects recorded elsewhere. Scary good for this. Different room, different mic, same guy. Really good matches.

I second the recommendation on Curve EQ (though I haven't used it much this year) - when you need it - it works wonders in seconds.

DominicPerry
12-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Can it make me sound like Kanye West?

Dominic

Ian Alexander
12-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Can it make me sound like Kanye West?

Dominic
That's why I wrote that it's scary good.

Record: "Good morning, I'm Dominic."

Run CurveEQ.

Result: "You're pretty good, but my girlfriend shoulda won!"

Sean McCoy
12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
That's why I wrote that it's scary good.

Record: "Good morning, I'm Dominic."

Run CurveEQ.

Result: "You're pretty good, but my girlfriend shoulda won!"
Autotuned, of course. :eek:

Oz Nimbus
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Tried a few demos, they just crash SAW. Anyone else have this sort of issue?

IraSeigel
01-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Tried a few demos, they just crash SAW. Anyone else have this sort of issue?

Many users here have had good luck with Voxengo products.

Oz Nimbus
01-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Many users here have had good luck with Voxengo products.

Have you tried ANY of the recent ones? Not the earlier versions, but the latest ones... I know the early stuff works.

Even the latest Voxengo Beeper takes SAW down.

IraSeigel
01-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Have you tried ANY of the recent ones? Not the earlier versions, but the latest ones... I know the early stuff works.

Even the latest Voxengo Beeper takes SAW down.

Well that's a drag. I wonder what's up with that. I, too, am curious if others have the same problems.

Ira

TotalSonic
01-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Interesting - I have older versions of Elephant (3.3) and LF Max Punch (1.0) loaded on my main DAW and they both work great. Elephant is one of the best sounding peak limiters out there to my ear in fact.

As far as the recent versions crashing SAW - I haven't tested them - but I do remember Bob making some code changes for VST plugin handling to in a recent update to make sure that the Voxengo plugins would be compatible. Did this fix not work? When I get a chance I'll test the latest versions of the plugins I have and see if there's a problem with them here as well.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Oz Nimbus
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, frak me, I'm running Saw 4.6!!!! Hmmmm... that might have something do with it....

http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/facepalm1.jpg

TotalSonic
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Version 4.6 would explain it - you're just one version too early for the fix -
from the notes for the version 4.7 update:

* More work done on saving VST settings and presets. This new code should fix compatibility issues with Voxengo plugins and UAD plugins (and others) that were having trouble saving presets and session settings.

* More Work done on VST Multi-In/Out plugins like some of the newer Voxengo plugs to stop the possibility of a hard crash once playback is initiated.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Carl G.
01-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Interesting - I have older versions of Elephant (3.3) and LF Max Punch (1.0) loaded on my main DAW and they both work great. Elephant is one of the best sounding peak limiters out there to my ear in fact.

As far as the recent versions crashing SAW - I haven't tested them - but I do remember Bob making some code changes for VST plugin handling to in a recent update to make sure that the Voxengo plugins would be compatible. Did this fix not work? When I get a chance I'll test the latest versions of the plugins I have and see if there's a problem with them here as well.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Hmmm. I'll check into my Curve EQ (which I only use for special needs).
... I'm on SS V4.9.... so I guess things are fine here.