PDA

View Full Version : Levelizer issue in SAC

gdougherty
12-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Okay, picked up the Levelizer because of all the cool keying stuff it can supposedly do. Specifically I wanted to key off a Levelizer patched pre-fade before a delay plugin on an aux channel to a Levelizer patched post-fade. No matter where I patch the Levelizers I can't get the key source to change from self and key off either the A or B bus. Read the manual, even tried patching on two channels with the A source numerically lower than the key attempter.

Help?

Bob L
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The current Levelizer key change is locked out during a live engine... designed originally for SAWStudio)... so until I can make some code adjustments for SAC... you must set the key before starting the engine.

Patch a Levelizer on each chan you wish to use as the key source sending to A or B... yes you can have multiples mixed together... then patch a Levelizer on the chan you wish to be keyed and set the Key itself to A or B (with the engine off)... then you should be on your way.

Bob L

gdougherty
12-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks, that will work fine for the moment.

gdougherty
01-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Playing with the Levelizer and discovered something very annoying. Recalling the levelizer doesn't recall any of the key and send settings; pretty much ever.

I was hoping to setup a preset for the "duck delay" return channel and have been unable to do so without having to manually correct everything after recall. It becomes especially problematic if I don't remember to get this corrected before we go live. I may or may not get an opportunity to shut down and reset the keying.

Any possibility getting the Levelizer SAC friendly would be near the top of the list? Being able to modify while live and recalling a preconfigured delay channel without needing to correct anything would be really nice.

Bob L
01-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I just tested here and the 3.4 Levelizer seems to recall the key and send settings when opening a session... or recalling a chan.

Make sure you have the new one installed on both the host and remote, if using a remote.

Can you give me a step by step to duplicate?

Bob L

gdougherty
01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I just tested here and the 3.4 Levelizer seems to recall the key and send settings when opening a session... or recalling a chan.

Make sure you have the new one installed on both the host and remote, if using a remote.

Can you give me a step by step to duplicate?

Bob L

3.4 all around. Works okay when everything is done from the host, that's good to know. What doesn't work is adding and configuring the plugs from the remote, then storing and recalling from the host for some odd reason. Having the remote connected or not doesn't seem to impact whether the host created versions will work properly. Those are always good.

Bob L
01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I'll check that... but... my first guess is going to be sharing rights... since the file updates seem not to be getting thru to the host.

Bob L

Bob L
01-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Nope... you are correct... changes made from the remote affect the host Levelizer but do not save, even from the host...

Ok... back to the drawing board. :)

Bob L

Bob L
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok... just put a new Levelizer up... still left the version number the same... re-download the Levelizer 3.4 and try again.

Should work fine... the Eq, Freq Analyzer and Delay plug all seem ok.

Bob L

gdougherty
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Keying works, send is still broken.
I'm putting two Levelizers in, first in the chain sends to A, second in the chain keys from A.

Did have one question. I can't manually select the key while the engine is live and I don't have a way to route audio through to the second instance here at home. Will the keying work properly if you recall a preset or stored memory cell without restarting the engine?

Bob L
01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
I guess I still have more to do to get this thing totally SAC worthy huh...

The original was designed for SAWStudio which could not allow assignments to switch during a live engine mode.

So... I will have to include a special trap to allow the key adjustment while hosted by SAC instead of SAWStudio.

I'll mark it down.

Bob L