PDA

View Full Version : OT: Excellentiser Software

DominicPerry
12-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Quite funny, don't think it's been posted here before.

http://imgur.com/fDEtH.jpg

Dominic

sjpaul
12-23-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm soooo getting all of those....

Do you think they'll work live too? :D

Ian Alexander
12-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Yes, funny stuff.

I heard a piece on the radio yesterday about how software like a dumbed down loop editor and synth machine has made music "creation" accessible to the masses. Of course, the first reaction is one we've often heard here: Great, now we have all these untalented folks polluting our ears with more dreck.

The reporter went on to remind us that this is really just a return to the past. Before televisions networks, radio stations, and even the phonograph, music was written, performed, and sometimes enjoyed in the parlor. Yes, there were professional musicians who attracted crowds in the great halls in cities, but most music was very local.

This helped me to realize that the music I enjoy most right now, besides old recordings I have known by heart for decades, is live stuff in coffeehouses, etc. My son's garage and school bands, too. Perhaps that's just me getting older, but perhaps that's an evolution of the parlor. People communicating face to face through music. Sometimes I don't even think about exactly how I would record it. I just listen.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry, Dom.:)

IraSeigel
12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Dang! It says it's available for ProTools only.

Ira

Bill Park
12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Gos well with those 'Talent Enhancing' cables.

IraSeigel
12-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Gos well with those 'Talent Enhancing' cables.

I toured with a heavy metal band called Megadeth several years ago. I used those cables with them. When tied tightly around the neck, they helped A LOT!!

Bruce Callaway
12-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Very funny.............

RBIngraham
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Dang! It says it's available for ProTools only.

Ira

LOL! Makes perfect sense to me. Lots of people love to buy snake oil. :p