PDA

View Full Version : Plugins

dgrimm
12-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Is there a way to rescan for new plugins without closing and reopening the program. If not it might be a great feature to have.

Merry Christmas to All!!

gdougherty
12-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm sure it'd be possible to add it. It'd be handy during testing, but it also might be good to leave out to prevent stupidity induced trainwrecks. I'll admit I've had SAC crash on me. The only times the engine has crashed though were due to misbehaving VST plugins. It's a good idea to follow Bob's advice and not throw any new plugins into the mix without testing them thoroughly first. Adjust parameters, turn it on and off, run it for a bit, store and recall settings through SAC out of files and memory. Maybe even save it into a scene and disable/recall it that way.

Most of what I've used from reputable developers works properly and meets the VST specs, but there's been a small handful that didn't. Unfortunately I don't recall what they were.

RBIngraham
12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Currently there is no way to do that.

Bob L
12-24-2009, 10:38 AM
And... no real need to do it either in my opinion... especially with SAC... you do not want to be installing and adding new plugins to a live SAC system in the middle of a show without prior testing and validation that everything is working fine.

Bob L