PDA

View Full Version : MON Mixer view

kdiamond
01-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Hi.

It's been a few times now that I forgot to switch back from MON to FOH mixer. Of course I made a mess and had to undo things step by step :)

I think MON Mix Red header background is not enough. I think MON mixers should have entirely different shade along with a high contrast alert. Blinking frame of something that screams "beware, you are in monitoring mode" :)

By the way. New year festival (8 days, 9 bands) was great, thanks to SAC.
I took few pictures using my phone.

Happy new year!

Br,
Dali

Naturally Digital
01-04-2010, 03:50 AM
It's been a few times now that I forgot to switch back from MON to FOH mixer. Of course I made a mess and had to undo things step by step :)Since I've also made this mistake, I think it would be nice to have some method of creating more of a difference.

I'm also not sure if it wouldn't help to simplify some of the text for readability. I could do without the square brackets in the menu bars and personally :o I think the labels "Mixer - Monitor" and the "Mixer - FOH" aren't necessary. I would prefer the displays have the layer number with the names I give the layers. I think it's worth considering such a small change might make a big difference for users.

Great setup BTW!

dbarrow
01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Since I've also made this mistake, I think it would be nice to have some method of creating more of a difference.

I'm also not sure if it wouldn't help to simplify some of the text for readability. I could do without the square brackets in the menu bars and personally :o I think the labels "Mixer - Monitor" and the "Mixer - FOH" aren't necessary. I would prefer the displays have the layer number with the names I give the layers. I think it's worth considering such a small change might make a big difference for users.

Great setup BTW!I agree that it would be good to have more of a difference. The current setup is fine for me, but sometimes the band guys end up on the wrong monitor mix screen and whack out their buddy's mix by mistake. What about a faint overlay of the name of the layer in large text, with variable opacity?

gdougherty
01-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I agree that it would be good to have more of a difference. The current setup is fine for me, but sometimes the band guys end up on the wrong monitor mix screen and whack out their buddy's mix by mistake. What about a faint overlay of the name of the layer in large text, with variable opacity?

Do they not have personal monitor rights only? Or is everyone sharing the same mix controller?

quaizywabbit
01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
when SAC is set to MON user rights, maybe have the "select mixer by number keys" popup window show after a certain period of inactivity, or an option to set it in this mode...perhaps MON-SHARED

so the interface is locked out until you select a particular monitor mixer.

that would prevent accidents....

gdougherty
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
It also works to train yourself to always check your mix layer first. I had to do that on my O1v. Biggest issue I've had with most digital control surfaces is making sure you're in the right layer. SAC makes it the easiest to pay attention to that out of any mixer I've worked with. The new Soundcrafts are pretty sweet with their multi-color LED lights to denote location though...