PDA

View Full Version : Plugin' by-pass ofset in "V" mode

Yura
06-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi to all

in the view filter mode there is one little omission concerning to monitoring of plugins of all types.
say we have on the track plugin(s) that has written automation of bybassing.
if we filter any other automation, the monitoring of this plugin(s) always starts from "active" even the playback starts from point after "bypass" automation of this plugin(s).

Bob L
06-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Yura,

When using the View Filter, all other automation chasing is skipped when manually sliding the cursor around... this is done so that you can focus on individual automation entries of the filtered type without interference from other types.

When playback is started, though, all automation should chase as normal... including FX bypass... so you can hear your results in the mix without leaving Filter Mode.

I believe the code is correctly working in that way.

Bob L

Yura
06-06-2004, 06:22 AM
When using the View Filter, all other automation chasing is skipped when manually sliding the cursor around... this is done so that you can focus on individual automation entries of the filtered type without interference from other types.
Bob L

Very nice feature! I know it. But there was no about sliding manually the cursor.

When playback is started, though, all automation should chase as normal... including FX bypass... so you can hear your results in the mix without leaving Filter Mode.
I believe the code is correctly working in that way.
Bob L

But even so you will check it out?
I assure you that it is not working correctly; please, check it when have a little time.

this was the last one of bugs I faced directly during a one last year of work:)

Thank you.

Y. O.

Bob L
06-06-2004, 08:41 AM
I set up a DX plugin and bypassed it on and off with automation... then I also didi some fader automation... then I used the View Filter to focus only on the fader automation... the other entries dissapeared...

Now... sliding the cursor around chases the fader automation only and the bypass is skipped... as designed...

Starting playback chases the fader automation and the bypass also... no matter where I start, it seems to be correct.

Can you give me the details of your setup so I can see what you are seeing that you say is failing?

Bob L

Yura
06-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Can you give me the details of your setup so I can see what you are seeing that you say is failing?
Bob L
OK!!! this bee turned out to be more prevaricateble than my confidence of otherwise.
just do the more simpliest thing:

enter automation mode.
load plugin and on the begining of the track insert automation "off" of plugin.
after it insert any other automation as you did. filter it with [v].
start playback, you hear the plugin is not bypassed as we expected.

the test will not reveal the problem if we insert automation "on" of plugin! :):)

And one else trivial mite till I'm here. you made exellent improvement of red square indicator of [V] active mode. I would say VERY exellent. do you want to LOL why i say so? exactly the reason is of this bug I described... i worked... and imagine this combination {this bug}+{absence of indication of "V"}!!!

so, new mite buggy (not a bug) I faced when I wrote this.
please enter "V" mode. after minimizing SS and restoring it again do you see the red square?
I do not too!
improvements are endless :( :( :(

thankxxxx

Y.O.

Bob L
06-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Yura,

Good catch on both counts... I will look into it for the next update... coming soon, I might add. :)

Bob L

Yura
08-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi Bob,

just a little question returning again to what you had already fixed in v.3.8

I see while the behavior of this is OK as supposed,
but is that OK if in such situation the by-passed FX module's icon has a look "On" while it is processed as "Off" (in View filter mode)?

Bob L
08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Yura,

My ideas was this... when in View Filter Mode... all automation that is not the displayed focus does not visually respond as you move the cursor and chase through automation entries... the reason is so that you can see only the automation controls that apply while in View Filter Mode... that is what it is for... to narrow down the visual display of automation for precise fixing and editing.

Bob L

Yura
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Ouh! sorry, now is absolutely cleared situation. Thank you.