PDA

View Full Version : OT Just did a show at the Waldorf in NY.

ffarrell
01-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Had to mix behind the stage in a small room with no site lines to the stage.

The best part was, no one asked for any changes to their mix all night long,,,,,,,,, as far as I know. :D

fvf

Can't beat a NY pie or bagel. It's the water.

William Bushnell
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
The best part was, no one asked for any changes to their mix all night long,,,,,,,,, as far as I know.

Frank,

Any chance that it was just your ability to read minds that was at work here? Having seen you work your magic, I believe there is a real possibility this may be the case. Just a thought.

Phil
01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
The musicians have telekinesis.

"Those who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand"

ffarrell
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
:D thanks

Frank,

Any chance that it was just your ability to read minds that was at work here? Having seen you work your magic, I believe there is a real possibility this may be the case. Just a thought.

MEGAHERTZ
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
HeyFrank, This is off the subject, but I've been thinking about this after reading some of your posts.

Do you remember doing sound at a small bar in Olney,IL ? I can't remember the band, but the sound guy told us that he had just done sound for Kenney Rodgers a few nights before. He also had a Laptop set up. :confused: This was maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

Pedro Itriago
01-11-2010, 06:18 AM
"Those who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand"

Thanks Phil. That really got me laughing.

ffarrell
01-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Doesn't ring a bell, the guy could have been on the sound crew for the local sound company.
We use local stacks and racks at each venue.
thanks
fvf

HeyFrank, This is off the subject, but I've been thinking about this after reading some of your posts.

Do you remember doing sound at a small bar in Olney,IL ? I can't remember the band, but the sound guy told us that he had just done sound for Kenney Rodgers a few nights before. He also had a Laptop set up. :confused: This was maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

mattaudio
01-11-2010, 07:30 AM
I had never heard of Kenny Rogers until reading this thread.

:o:o:o \shame

ffarrell
01-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Hey it's cool, I'm not that up to date on very many new artist, (unless their paying me to mix).

He is now on his 70th album and we will be shooting a 1 hour TV special in April celebrating his 50th year in the business.
( Dolly Parton and Lionel Richie have sign on and a lot more.)

thanks
fvf

I had never heard of Kenny Rogers until reading this thread.

:o:o:o \shame

bcorkery
01-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Sounds like a fun show. In 50 years he's made a lot of friends. Keep up posted Frank!

MEGAHERTZ
01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Doesn't ring a bell, the guy could have been on the sound crew for the local sound company.
We use local stacks and racks at each venue.
thanks
fvf
Just thought it may have been one of those weird small world things.:)

grecoaudio
01-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Why weren't you in the 1st or 2nd balcony where everybody else mixes from?

ffarrell
01-11-2010, 10:39 PM
HI

I do the hard part ( monitors ). It was a small group of people so we set FOH at the back of the room on the floor but under the balcony.

I was in the back by the power.

Stayed at the Benjamin so I got to keep some of my PD.

Wanted to go uptown to H&H but no time.

sounds like you know the place.

thanks
fvf

Why weren't you in the 1st or 2nd balcony where everybody else mixes from?

Ogmeister
01-12-2010, 05:58 AM
HI

I do the hard part ( monitors ).

fvf

Frank
I always tell my guys when I train them to run monitors that the difference between a monitor engineer and a FOH engineer is that the monitor guy can do both.
Have you been with Kenny R for the long? I did some local work with his show many years ago in Florida. 1980's