PDA

View Full Version : "Unduplicating" Faders/Pans or other settings

IraSeigel
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
While setting up monitor mixes, you have the option of "Duplicate" various things from the FOH console

Is there a way to undo those choices?

Let's say you choose to Duplicate EQ. When you start making adjustments to your FOH inputs, you might find that those adjustments are not what you really want on the monitor console(s).

Another way of asking this: Is the "Duplicate" function only done at the time of selection, or if you choose that option, do any adjustments continue to be mirrored on the monitor consoles?

Ira

gdougherty
01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
While setting up monitor mixes, you have the option of "Duplicate" various things from the FOH console

Is there a way to undo those choices?

Let's say you choose to Duplicate EQ. When you start making adjustments to your FOH inputs, you might find that those adjustments are not what you really want on the monitor console(s).

Another way of asking this: Is the "Duplicate" function only done at the time of selection, or if you choose that option, do any adjustments continue to be mirrored on the monitor consoles?

Ira

It's a one-time transfer, not a perpetual link. Linking would essentially be done by your channel source tap on a monitor mixer (post-EQ, post-Dyn, etc. You could then make any additional modifications necessary for the monitors on those mixers.

IraSeigel
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
It's a one-time transfer, not a perpetual link. Linking would essentially be done by your channel source tap on a monitor mixer (post-EQ, post-Dyn, etc. You could then make any additional modifications necessary for the monitors on those mixers.

So you'd set up your Monitor 1 desk by selecting in each channels Input Source box (let's say SrcPreA). (You could highlight all the inputs and just do it once.) Then for your other monitor desks, you'd simply select Duplicate Src-Ins from MON1 by shift+right click in the monitor title area. Right? That seems pretty slick:)

905shmick
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
So you'd set up your Monitor 1 desk by selecting in each channels Input Source box (let's say SrcPreA). (You could highlight all the inputs and just do it once.) Then for your other monitor desks, you'd simply select Duplicate Src-Ins from MON1 by shift+right click in the monitor title area. Right? That seems pretty slick:)

Or if you want Mons 2-24 to tapped from Mon 1, you'd do the above, then go to Mon 2, setup the inputs to be something like "Pst Fdr M". From that point you would go to Mons 3-24 and duplicate Src-Ins from Mon 2

gdougherty
01-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Or if you want Mons 2-24 to tapped from Mon 1, you'd do the above, then go to Mon 2, setup the inputs to be something like "Pst Fdr M". From that point you would go to Mons 3-24 and duplicate Src-Ins from Mon 2

905's suggestion is typically how I do things. EQ and dynamics for my IEM room mics all occur on Mon1 and all other mon mixes tap from Mon1. I even tap talkback in each monitor from Mon1 post-fdr so I can adjust the talkback in each monitor with only one fader if necessary.

IraSeigel
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
905's suggestion is typically how I do things. EQ and dynamics for my IEM room mics all occur on Mon1 and all other mon mixes tap from Mon1. I even tap talkback in each monitor from Mon1 post-fdr so I can adjust the talkback in each monitor with only one fader if necessary.

Geez, this gives many more possibilities than with the digital consoles I use. I'll have to try to get my head around all this. Thanks.

905shmick
01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Geez, this gives many more possibilities than with the digital consoles I use. I'll have to try to get my head around all this. Thanks.

Let the FOH and Mon 1 mixer take care of the room and monitor EQ and Dynamics. The only thing I end up adjusting on Mons 2-24 is fader levels and per-person panning, with the exception of the drum kit panning which is also done on Mon 1 as its the same for everyone.

RBIngraham
01-15-2010, 09:06 PM

LOL. That's why you're here after all Ira. :)