PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!

Haysus
01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
3 days in front of the new system. My eyes are really dry and red,I can't stop smiling and my head might explode if I find anymore things to explore. I am going to dumb down my mixs a little until I understand all my new superpowers. My wife is a little worried about my addiction but I remind her it is for her band so it's all good. WOW!!

Warren
01-16-2010, 12:08 AM
3 days in front of the new system. My eyes are really dry and red,I can't stop smiling and my head might explode if I find anymore things to explore. I am going to dumb down my mixs a little until I understand all my new superpowers. My wife is a little worried about my addiction but I remind her it is for her band so it's all good. WOW!!

Your in the company of many SAC addicts.

Enjoy!!

Chris

RBIngraham
01-16-2010, 06:58 AM
I always remind the wife that it's better than if I spent a lot of time at the bar. Doesn't always work mind you, but at least it's hard to argue with. :p

dbarrow
01-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I always remind the wife that it's better than if I spent a lot of time at the bar. Doesn't always work mind you, but at least it's hard to argue with. :p
Every day above ground is a good one.

mloretitsch
01-16-2010, 10:22 AM

I'm the only guy who goes out to bars and clubs every weekend and comes home with more money than I walked in with. My wife encourages such behavior :) I'm out of the house and making $$$

gdougherty
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM

I have the same problem, I'm starting to forget people's names but I can navigate around in SAC pretty effortlessly...;) And after almost 6 months I'm still learning things...

Trackzilla
01-16-2010, 10:31 PM
(hrmmm mix three...keys 6db up, a touch of compression, grace it with verb...maybe a hair less 1k & lets raise that low pass a bit)
"Is that better...umm...(#&@$ what IS his name...yea channel labels!) Dad??"

gdougherty
01-16-2010, 11:20 PM
(hrmmm mix three...keys 6db up, a touch of compression, grace it with verb...maybe a hair less 1k & lets raise that low pass a bit)
"Is that better...umm...(#&@$ what IS his name...yea channel labels!) Dad??"

LOL

Iain Westland
01-17-2010, 02:59 AM
:D:D

dbarrow
01-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I have the same problem, I'm starting to forget people's names but I can navigate around in SAC pretty effortlessly...;) And after almost 6 months I'm still learning things...
It's all I know now: SAC. I can barely even string together a complete sentence anymore, but I can effortlessly create stunning mixes while walking around with my netbook within my virtual SAC world...

That and hand out business cards to the curious people who seem to appear out of nowhere!

Paul Lammers
01-17-2010, 04:19 PM
SAC is the best thing since Toast was invented we are building ours now as we speak

1ServerABMX 3U 16 inch deep Server Model # : 316B251RME Used RME HDSP9652 52 Channel Hamerfall DSP System3ADA8000Behringer 8 channel ADAT interface4VoiceworksTC-Helicon processors for Preamps and default gate4CU/ADOP03 ADAT Fiber-optic Cable, 3 Feet 4RG75URG75U cable BNC male to male Word clock coax1BCF2000Behringer BCF2000 B-Control Fader DAW control 1SACRML Labs SAC version 2.31SACVST plugin BobL digital Delay1SACVST plugin BobL Reverb1Custom19" Rack power feed L14-30 Custom PAL1Custom19" Rack Custom PAL3Compaq EVO EVO Laptops for remote sound and lighting with cases

Haysus
01-23-2010, 04:13 PM
First show was last night. I got the call 2 hours before showtime and only had a few days of live testing in the basement. Best sound and control my rig to date. I have been longing for this type of sound for years.
The band had 11 inputs, standard top40 tunes. Lucky for me I had a mix session already close to perfect preshow as I had about 1 hour to setup. No way I could start from a blank slate in crunch time.
The mix had a lot of eq, some comp., some fx and pushed 16%.I forgot to check for slipped buffers but I did not hear anything odd so I guess it is all good. I have another show tonight and super excited.
I still have a lot to learn but SAC is very intuitive and is easy to navigate.
One slight for me is having so many options can be overwhelming at times.
A big thanks to all who have helped me and BOB for brilliant software.

mkottrell
01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
First show was last night. I got the call 2 hours before showtime and only had a few days of live testing in the basement. Best sound and control my rig to date. I have been longing for this type of sound for years.
The band had 11 inputs, standard top40 tunes. Lucky for me I had a mix session already close to perfect preshow as I had about 1 hour to setup. No way I could start from a blank slate in crunch time.
The mix had a lot of eq, some comp., some fx and pushed 16***37;.I forgot to check for slipped buffers but I did not hear anything odd so I guess it is all good. I have another show tonight and super excited.
I still have a lot to learn but SAC is very intuitive and is easy to navigate.
One slight for me is having so many options can be overwhelming at times.
A big thanks to all who have helped me and BOB for brilliant software.

Are you in stl area?, I would like to hear you rig
to see how good the sound is
What is the name of your wifes band, maybe I have seen you guys in stl

Mike

averombri
01-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm becoming addict too!:)

Haysus
01-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Yes I'm in STL. She is in a few groups but the one I run is Spin the Bottle. Send me a PM and I can tell you what other gigs I run sound for.