PDA

View Full Version : Levelizer Normalize Display Bug Cornered

Dave Labrecque
12-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Can anyone duplicate this? I've been seeing it for a while, and for a time it really threw me -- I'd think my Normalize was set up when it wasn't.

Open SAWStudio
Patch a Levelizer into the pre- or post-patch point on track 1.
Set Normalize to any value.
Clear the patch point of the Levelizer.
Repatch the Levelizer.

Notice that the Normalize display shows 98% (or -0.18 dB, depending on your preferences), although it is not actually set that way internally. Any MT cursor movement causes the Normalize display to reset to it's default 'Off' display.

SoundSuite
12-30-2004, 02:44 PM
cannot replicate, sorry Dave

AudioAstronomer
12-30-2004, 02:51 PM
cant replicate either, but that's similiar behaviour to what Ive had happen... except it occurs seemingly randomly. One day Ill have hwo to reproduce it nailed, then after a reboot it's something totally different.

really feels like a memory leak of sorts with such random beahviour causing similiar symptoms in random situations.

Dave Labrecque
12-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Wow. I thought for sure it'd be a no-brainer. Very consistent for me. Hmmm...:confused:

Naturally Digital
12-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Dave,

I tried it numerous times... Could not get this to happen. v3.9a

Dave Labrecque
12-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey, David...

I doubt it matters for this, but have you tried 3.9b? Some cool additional features/fixes in there nonetheless.

Dave Labrecque
12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey, Bob...

Any idea why this might happen on my system and not others?

SoundSuite
12-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Any idea why this might happen on my system and not others?
Mr. Murphy runs amuck !

Dave,
I know this is alot of work, and you may not have the extra parts/time you need to pull it off, but...If you are curious enough:

Copy the SAW folder to another computer for a test, see if it shows the error.
If it doesn't, you have a list of known 'good' combination system componants to compare with your known 'bad' combination.

Compare all differences and test them individually to your best abilities one at a time. Whether it be software or hardware, it will show it's ugly head in the 'different' list more often that not.

good luck man, it's maddening sometimes.

Dave Labrecque
12-31-2004, 03:37 PM
I DO have SS on another computer, here. I'll have to check that out. As for going down the list and experimenting with various combinations of things... I don't think I'm going to have time for that. :)

John Hernandez
12-31-2004, 07:40 PM
So which dude is the *real* you, Dave...the guy in the beret or the chef??? :confused: :D

New Year's blessings!

Dave Labrecque
01-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Neither, actually. I just don't have those show biz good looks. :o

Happy New Year!