PDA

View Full Version : Size of main window

Ian Alexander
02-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I have installed SS Full twice now (4.8 and 4.9a) and the main window occupies only about 3/4 of my main monitor. SS Basic fills the screen with no adjustments needed.

If I maximize the SS Full main window, it expands to fill the screen, but the MT, Mixer, and other windows stay as they were. The Fkeys bring the main window back to its smaller size.

Any ideas?

XP Pro SP2
2 19" Dell monitors at 1280 x 1024
Monitor 2 above Monitor 1

Thanks.

905shmick
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Silly question - Why not resize to your liking and save your own F-Key views?

Bob L
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
SAC and SAWStudio use the F-Key Workspace settings to handle all views... the idea is for you to set up the views however you like and then save the F-Key set as the default...

Then... you can create many variations for certain types of session work and save them in different F-Key sets for the ability to instantly change on the fly.

There are soem basic default sets included... but the monitor screen resolutions are changing to wildly different standards every few months... so its pretty impossible to keep up with them all...

The F-Key information is one of the first things the helpfile discusses and explains... read and the mystery goes away. :)

Bob L

Ian Alexander
02-01-2010, 12:36 PM
OK, guys, I've been using SS Basic for I don't know how many years. I have customized F-keys and they work just fine.:)

What I don't get is why SSBasic installs and knows my screen resolution, but SSFull does not.

Bob L
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
There should be no difference... my guess is that you may have a preset default F-Keys in the folder already and it is coming up using that...

Install into a fresh test folder and see what happens... but... still... the screen resolutions of today have changed a lot and where an older install on an older monitor withich may have had some standard screen res F-Keys that matched, may not happen with today's monitor resolution sizes.

So... regardless... you will most likely want to create your own set of F-Keys to suit your preferences anyway.

You can also copy over the F-Keys from SAWStudioBasic to the SAWStudio folder and start there. The files are SAWStudio.fky and SAWStudioAlt.fky.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Fresh install yields no difference.

Copying SSBasic Fkey files works, but now there are no Fkeys with W or Z mixer. I know I can make my own, but I think the default Fkeys are pretty good. I've made few changes to them in using SSBasic for a long time.

Both programs are installed on the same monitor I've been using for several years. 4x3 aspect ratio. 1280 x 1024, which is pretty vanilla.

It's not a big deal, but it's odd.

SUCCESS! I checked Max Resolution Override and left Hor at 1280, but changed Vert to 1024 (from 2048 - I have two monitors with #2 on top). SS Full snapped to full screen. This setting is NOT checked in SS Basic. Go figure.