PDA

View Full Version : Routing

Carl G.
02-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Strange. Today I'm taking Sac Ch1 (Mic Input) feeding to Saw -Saw recording in Ch1 from Sac (post SAC fx).
Then for playback, SAW Ch1 is fed to SAC Ch2 (assigned to Output 1)
However... when I play SAW track back, SAC's Ch2 meter doesn't work... yet Ch 2 fader governs the audio correctly (that I can't see on the meter) and it feed properly to Output 1.
(no aux channels are patched)
Whazup? What can I do better?

tatkin
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Strange. Today I'm taking Sac Ch1 (Mic Input) feeding to Saw -Saw recording in Ch1 from Sac (post SAC fx).
Then for playback, using SAC Ch2 with SAW ST1&2 feeding it.
However... when I play SAW track back, SAC's Ch2 meter doesn't work... yet the fader governs the audio and feed properly to Output 1.
Whazup? What can I do better?

Have you checked the meter tap point in SAC? If it's using the SAW Link, then I'd bet that you may need to tap off differently than a regular input.

Bob L
02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Your meter tap points are probably set to src... the SAW playback chan is routed back into SAC at the same point it was taken... so it would be after the FX... you do not want the FX applied twice...

Change your meter tap point to post fader and it will be visible again on SAW playback.

But... I would suggest you are going about it in a complex manner... no need to offset individual SAC and SAW chans and then have to chase things as you overdub and add more tracks...

Leave the front chans open for mics and other input signals in SAC... jump down to chan 50 or so and set that as a SAWStudio playback track assigned to the SS Out Track 1.... now all SS playback always comes in that chan... you are free to work around in the front and stack recording tracks... and all tracks in SS will playback thru that single SAC chan.

Bob L

Carl G.
02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Change your meter tap point to post fader and it will be visible again on SAW playback.

Bob L

Thanks Bob. Routing concept was right.... but I forgot to set the "Meter Tap Point" to post fader in SAC.