PDA

View Full Version : Forum suggestion

AudioAstronomer
01-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Ive noticed on the thread view page where you can view all threads in a forum there is no link to mark all posts as read.

I know on the page to view available forums and latest posts in each there is.

My browsers (firefox 1.0 and opera) refuse to remember if I've viewed a post or not so it'd be nice if there was a button I could click at the end of a thread to "mark as read" and take me to the thread display page... and/or on the thread display a button to mark all as read.

Bob L
01-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Perhaps you could just go through everything and then click on the main forum page when you're done and use the link there to mark everything as read.

Bob L

SoundSuite
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Robert,

To get around this I do the following..

visit forums, login
view new posts

rt. click on each one to popup in a new window and read/reply, etc

when done reading all in popups, I hit new posts again to refresh, then hit mark all read if none new.

VBB is great, but there are a few features missing, this being one of them.

AudioAstronomer
01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
actually it's not missing!

In the thread display page, on the right hand side there is a "forum tools" button.

My request is right there....

AudioAstronomer
01-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Another suggestion though!

In the upper right, can we get a link to the radio station? :)

SoundSuite
01-02-2005, 06:33 PM
...If it were a poisonous snake...
lol

Now if only 'Mark Thread Read' would appear in the 'Thread Tools' the same way.

Bob L
01-02-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm not finding any difficulty... I just come straight in and see all the threads with new posts already highlighted at the top of the list with the little down arrow next to them, simply click the arrow... it takes me to the first new post in that thread... I read, reply, and that's it... go back to the top of the page and reclick back to the SAWStudio Forum... the thread I just read is now correctly not highlighted as containing any new posts... I continue down the threads and they each simply un-hilight... when I'm completely finished, I go back to the main entrance page and use the QuickLink to mark forums read (so I can return in mins if I want to)... then leave... each time I come in, everything is perfectly set to see all the new posts hilighted at the top of the list.

Bob L

Jeanne Quinn
01-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Good suggestion on the link, Robert. Done!

-Jeanne