PDA

View Full Version : opening sessions from remote

steel53
02-13-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm sure back somewhere this topic has been discussed, can't find it though. I should be able to open a session from SAC remote correct? It seems to work if I open the session first from the host, close from the remote, then reopen from the remote. But from a boot up no. Hard drives are shared, folders,etc. It tells me that the file doesn't exist. I've saved the session from the remote also and that works. Did a save as from the remote and saved to a different folder on the host. Couldn't go back and open it though. :confused:

quaizywabbit
02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
check the paths in SAC Remote under options/file path setup...

these should point to the Host, not the remote machine, IIRC....

Bob L
02-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Make sure you are opening the file across the network on the host side... SAC wants to see its file stored on the host.

You will need file access from the remote to the host where the sessions are stored... again... share the full drive for the easiest way to do this.

If Win 7 or Vista is involved it can get a lot harder... access seems to work in only one direction... from the host to the remote... not the other way around, when I am using a Win 7 host and XP remote.

Bob L