PDA

View Full Version : New issue tonight

hclague
02-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Hi All

Tonight I had a new issue pop up. I was using the host only tied in at FOH at an installed club rig that I manage. Things were going good and in the second set I decided to try and insert an instance of the SAW Seudio Reverb on the snare Channel Pre FX. It sounded pretty good so I decided to do the same thing on the toms. (I was already using an instance of this plug on an aux for the drums which I planned on replacing.) So, I mute the Aux return so as not to have "double reverb" on the toms and insert an instance on Tom 1. As soon as I tried this, Poof, SAC shuts down:eek:. I quickly re-opened SAC and the mix session but we had several seconds of no P.A. I will try to recreate this at home tomorrow.

Tough weekend:confused:

Hal

905shmick
02-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Last weekend I had SAW playing back through SAC while training others and when I went to patch in another instance of the SS Reverb I had the same thing happen. Once SAC restarted I could patch in the reverb without any probs.

Bob L
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Are you trying to patch the reverb from a remote? It should not be installed in the remote side as it is not remote network aware yet... un-install it from the remotes and work it only from the host.

I will have a new version soon.

Bob L

905shmick
02-14-2010, 11:48 AM
For me, I was patching the reverb in from the main host when it crashed. I did have a SAC Remote attached, but it only has the echo, eq and levelizer plugins installed. The SAC Remote is connected via wired LAN, not wireless.

Bob L
02-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh well... so much for that idea.... can you duplicate it... anything in particular setup a certain way that would make it happen so I can chase it down.

I have tried patching the reverb and repatching dozens of times with a live SAC engine and everything seems fine.

Are you on the current reverb version 1.7?

Bob L

hclague
02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I was also working directly on the host. I am using version 1.7

Hal

905shmick
02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Yup Reverb 1.7 for me too with SAC 2.5 and SAW 4.9a

I couldn't duplicate the problem. Once I restarted SAC and resumed playback through SAW I re-added the verb and all was well.

hclague
02-15-2010, 07:40 PM
OK I was able to duplicate this again at home tonight. Here is a step by step:

1. Setup a test mix session with ~20 channels active and 4 auxes.
2. Engage the mix engine
3. Drive all channels with a signal. ( I used winamp)
4. on One aux add an instance of Studio Reverb on the PreFX and choose a preset
5. Now, start adding instances of Studio reverb on channels PreFX and choose a preset.

When you insert the second channels instance, the mix engine should shut down.

Note:

As 905shmick mentioned, This will only happens when SAC is started for the FIRST time after boot up. If you restart SAC after it shuts down and try to do it again, Everything seems to work OK.

Also, The Mix Engine has to be engaged and signal must be driving through channels

Hal

905shmick
02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the steps, Hal. Looks like I'm able to duplicate it as well.

Bud Johnson
02-15-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't want to duplicate it...especially live. If I start, stop, then start SAC's mix engine, is the problem gone?
(Ya, I know, too lazy to find out for myself:rolleyes:)

905shmick
02-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I was able to continue duplicating it even after restarting SAC with the test parameters that Hal used.

Bob L
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I just tested here... all worked fine... perhaps there is something else at play.

I patched 5 verbs in 48 chans playing back a live session.

Of course... I would recommend trying to patch the verbs before signal is being sent to them and see what happens... that is how I would say to do it live anyway... get the verbs patched and setup... then start feed aux send data to them.

Bob L