PDA

View Full Version : ASIO & SMPTE

Yura
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
I have a need to get SMPTE sync from SAW, using ASIO.
I don't understand what's going on, if this is Layla bug here?

I turn on my home machine with M-Audio and obtain SMPTE sync from one of ASIO outputs. But in the other machine where is Layla working I cannot do that.
When I go to WDM mode Layla alows to get the SMPTE but when I use ASIO I get the message "Sync Smpte Device Out Is Un-Assigned!"
Can anybody of Layla users confirm this?

Thanks

Bob L
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Yura,

Are you setting the Smpte Out device to the correct ASIO output device that you want to use in the Sync Device Setup section under the Options menu.

If you are switching from WDM MME to ASIO, the Smpte Device setup may not be picking up the correct ASIO device number.

Setup everything, then save the preferences and then start the program with the new default preferences.

Bob L

Yura
01-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Yura,

Are you setting the Smpte Out device to the correct ASIO output device that you want to use in the Sync Device Setup section under the Options menu.

OK,
I do exactly so.

If you are switching from WDM MME to ASIO, the Smpte Device setup may not be picking up the correct ASIO device number.

No, I begin from ASIO setup and everything as well as on my first home machine.

Setup everything, then save the preferences and then start the program with the new default preferences.

Bob L

OK... I do it correctly... something wrong must be in there... but what...

Bob L
01-03-2005, 11:06 PM
When you start playback with the Smpte generate ON, does the smpte code go to the proper output track in SAWStudio... can you see the smpte on the output track meter... or does SAWStudio still complain about a missing device?

Bob L

Yura
01-04-2005, 07:34 AM
In this situation SAWStudio still complained about a missing device...
But I have animated it... But dont really found the problem of resistance to set up :mad: How I force it to appear? I still not sure. by switching some asio settings on and off. such as buffer size setting.

seems sure it's Layla's wrong behavior.

P.S.
since I animated it, it still works ok. with ALL of those settings that was before (summary nothing changed)