PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Intelligent Stage Lighting

DAVIDARIAS
06-06-2004, 09:36 AM
A while back I spoke with Bob on how to use SAWPro to control intelligent lighting using the hexadecimel system. Since then I have lost my notes and need a refresher course on how to do it and whether it also works using SAWStudio.

It's another dramatic application of the SAW World.

Still my fave when I edit the WAV,

Dave

Bob L
06-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Yes, SAWStudio can control all kinds of external theater lighting and other equipment.

You use the Control Track and you now have many more options than were available in the old SAWPro engine.

The Control Track can be moved to the top of the MT and you should then make an F-Key Workspace or two that displays the Control Track View with no overlapping windows.

From that view you can place entries of all types on the Control Track and mark and slide them around for perfect sync with all kinds of audio and lighting and other gear.

You can also save specific hex, decimal, or ascii string commands as your own custm commands, labeled and ready to go for future sessions.

You can also route the Control Track signals through RS232 as well as Midi for control.

Coupled with the use of the Video Track, you can truly automate most, if not all, of most theater productions completely withing the SAWStudio environment...

And as mentioned in a previous message, you can also use VST plugs like LoopaZoid as live realtime sampler triggers for live sound effects and background play-off/play-on music for acts.

Have fun with it. :)

Bob L