PDA

View Full Version : A tiny, tiny buglette

UpTilDawn
03-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Just noticed what I think is a bug in SAWfull and would like some verification.

With playback engaged, right-clicking on the border area directly surrounding the channel labels in the MT and the space between the labels and channel numbers to the left of them causes playback to stop.... This is just as you'd expect from right-clicking in the MT area itself. However, right-clicking this gray area again does NOT start playback as it would in the MT area.

I assume this must be a bug and frankly, would not want playback to stop if I intend to right-click a channel number to clear a group, or channel label to reach a menu, but miss my mark by a slim hair.

What do you think Bob?.... a bug? A tiny one, I hope.
Could this be changed in the next update?

DanT

Bob L
03-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Well... there are many small unmapped areas within the window views that may default to a stopped playback... not sure there is any real harm done... and trying to find them all and map each tiny sliver of pixels is not high on my list of things to worry about.

Better mouse technique can go a long way... I guess in all the 10 years of using SAWStudio, I can't say that I've ever run into this issue.

I'll mark it down... but there are many many other features and fixes that will most likely come first. :)

Bob L

UpTilDawn
03-13-2010, 08:24 AM
I completely understand.

I've just noticed this because as I begin to use higher resolutions (the native resolution on this monitor), gaining more MT real estate, it becomes easier and easier to hit the edge of a target with the cursor since the image is smaller than before. A mouse cursor just isn't as quick and accurate as the eye and hand want it to be sometimes... especially when trying to work quickly.
DanT