PDA

View Full Version : RML products shine during system build

MMP
03-14-2010, 08:37 AM
I just built a new music computer system and have spent the last two days moving software, plugins, and hardware into the new machine.

Can I tell you how much I love being able to move the SawStudio folder over the network onto the new machine and all the RML products are ready to go?

I won't go into all the nightmares I experienced during the move, but RML was by far the easiest to get up and going. No sorting through my two inch stack of authorization numbers, no dongle driver authorization mismatches, no crap whatsoever. I know that whatever happens to my studio machine, I can get my basic DAW setup back in a matter of minutes.

I have one Ilok protected program that I can't get working correctly. The standalone version sees the Ilok authorizations, but the individual plugins of the same install don't...WTF? I have eight days to get it sorted out before they turn off.

Anyhow, thank you Bob for not treating your customers as thieves!

Regards,

MM

Bob L
03-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks for appreciating it... its not easy to go against the grain... but I feel strongly about these types of issues. :)

Bob L

Pedro Itriago
03-14-2010, 11:01 AM
The standalone version sees the Ilok authorizations, but the individual plugins of the same install don't...WTF?

Smile, you have been iLok'd

Grekim
03-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I had a small issue where I opened up a SAW session using a different system drive than the one I had been working with. The session was created in 4.9a and I opened it in 4.9a as well, but somehow I had different versions of the Levelizer and Studio EQ, so I got the error message. But, I soon realized all I had to do is copy the SAW folder from one system drive to the other and everything opened perfectly. Most excellent.