PDA

View Full Version : Import EditList File not bringing all information over

Seancom
06-07-2004, 07:35 AM
I have several EDLs from the Saw Pro days I'd like to use in Studio. I had thought about bringing all of the EDLs into Studio using the Import EditList File tool, but noticed on a particular EDL that it did not bring over the Reverberator plug-ins I used in the original session.

What are the known limitations of the Import EditList file tool so if I have to import an edl, I'll know what I'll likely have to rebuild in order to use it in Studio?

Thanks!

Bob L
06-07-2004, 07:43 AM
All file, region and MT sequence entry data is translated... volume, pan and mute automation is also translated.

FX (Plugin) data is not.

There is a section right in the front of the helpfile under 'First Things First' in the Opening Sessions section that gives some tips about importing older SAWPro sessions.

Once the basic data is in Studio, you will want to use the virtual console processing and new PlugIns anyway to take full advantage of the much higher audio quality and more automation control and power.

You most likely would want to use the Aux Send/Returns to setup reverb plugins the way they would be set in a physical mixing environment.

It takes a little effort to move old sessions up to the Studio environment, but believe me... the time is well spent and the results are well worth the effort.

Bob L

Seancom
06-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Ahhh yes. The importance of reading the manual.

<Wipes egg off face. Makes omlette. Sits down to read manual over breakfast.>