PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July concert with SAC

Johnny Dee
07-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Yesterday we did sound for a 4th of July concert and fireworks here in Greenwich, CT. We have been doing this concert for a couple of years but always with an analog board. This was the first year with SAC.

This was also the first year with the Band Shell. In the past it was always with an open wooden stage. The Tubas gave us a bit of a problem with the sound bouncing off of the roof of the metal band shell and being picked up by other mics. Not to mention the musicians moving mics after we positioned them...plus no sound check...LOL.

But...the show must go on. SAC performed perfectly. Here's a couple of pix:

http://www.audiovideoandeventlighting.com/images/sac_binney_park_concert.gif

http://www.audiovideoandeventlighting.com/images/sac_binney_park_concert2.gif

http://www.audiovideoandeventlighting.com/images/sac_custom_computer_rack.gif

Wurst Werner
07-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Good job!!
I see, you used the Sun-Shade. It really helps.

Christian

BTW: I think, we really need some kind of "SAC-Live-Picture-Album" within the SAC board. I just love these "Action-Pix":rolleyes:

Trackzilla
07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Ahh...joy of Wenger Stage acoustics

On bigger shows you'll find the undamped floor being monolithic in structure and parallel to the ground catches the ground wave from your subs and resonates a couple of unique low mid frequencies through everything, including iron mic stand bases. If you are unused to that model of stage that could well have been a part of your Tuba issue as well.
At least that model shows a dramatic improvement over the prior rectangular box model in that it doesn't also have those lovely resonances & reflections caused by the parallel ends walls and parallel floor-ceiling.

They sure are sweet to set up though :D

Discipled1
07-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi Johnny Dee

What 31 band EQ are you useing?
Greg

Johnny Dee
07-05-2010, 07:42 AM
What 31 band EQ are you useing?

I believe the one in the pix is a VST plugin called "31 Band EQ".

Wam3
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Is that particular 31 band EG remote aware? Where did you get it?

Thanks!

W

Discipled1
07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Here is one link http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Filters_2.htm

Johnny Dee
07-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes...that's the one. We haven't done anything yet with the remote set-up.

Bob L
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Most VST plugs will work from a remote by making adjustments and then Right-Clicking on the Blue Pyramid Options icon at the top of the VST plug window, which then sends the data as a preset over to the host.

Bob L

Bud Johnson
07-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Most VST plugs will work from a remote by making adjustments and then Right-Clicking on the Blue Pyramid Options icon at the top of the VST plug window, which then sends the data as a preset over to the host.
Bob L
See this is why I read every thread, whether I think it's useful or not. You never know when you'll find a gem. I know it's in the release notes somewhere, and I know I read it, but now I'll remember it.....maybe.:p

Edit: OK, so I don't have a lot going on. :)

steel53
07-08-2010, 10:53 AM
A couple of pics of my SAC setup for the 3rd of July>

HapHazzard
07-08-2010, 11:16 AM
A couple of pics of my SAC setup for the 3rd of July>Looks like the night before was rough. No passing out at the gig:D

steel53
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Thats my son-in-law. He was feeling the heat. I had him on monitors and sound tracks.

hclague
07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Just a question. Why would you ever be running those Behringer EQ's with a SAC system??? Ouch.

Hal

steel53
07-09-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't use the Eq's with SAC. I have a Yamaha analog board that I used them with. They just take up space in the rack till I get more amps.

gregangst
07-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Way to go Steel53. This past weekend I took our system to Tennessee for an outdoor event. Used SAC on my laptop with RME Octamic-D, RME Octamic II, and RME Fireface 800. Worked great after we put a blower fan on the RME equpment to cool it down. Before cooling the equipment one of the Octamic modules was creating pops and cracles in the audio. After cooling the equipment, no noise, only clean clear crisp sound. Outdoor temp was around 97 degrees F. SAC was used in a Stereo FOH and one stage monitor mix only. Sawstudio was used for tracked audio playback into SAC.
On this trip I was not able to use my RayDat card yet. However I plan to use SAC from now on. It works so much better than the Yamaha that we have been using.

steel53
07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Greg. SAC worked like a charm. I have a fan in the rack keeping the ADA's cool. A few weeks ago I did another outdoor event and my rack had to set out in the sun. But I didn't have any problems. So far I would say keeping the ADA's cool works better than reducing the input voltage. By the way keep my son-in-law in tow. He did a great job running monitors and sound tracks for Tim Spell.