PDA

View Full Version : Drumagog with SAC

Butch Bos
07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I have been trying to use Drumagog with SAC
Using the live option it is 0 latency but SAC seems to turn it Off as if it had latency.
Anybody had any luck with it? or any other drum replacer

Butch

Bob L
07-18-2010, 10:13 PM
The older one seemed to require starting the SAC engine twice to get it active.

Someone told me that the newer updates had fixed that.

Bob L

bobgassert
07-18-2010, 10:16 PM
In the plugin list there is two Drumagog 4 's listed,,,,,
one says Drumagog 4 fixed latency and the other one just says Drumagog 4 , I found only one of the two will let the zero latency selection work ,,,however , once you load the sample you want to use in Drumagog ,,,The SAC active button has to be reset (the green lighted square button on the very top left of SAC... ) i can get it to work but Iv'e been getting some crackle and strange artifacts from Drumagog when I achieve the sensitivity I want. Still trying to get rt to work right.. also I have been going back and forth between post effect insert and pre effect insert ....I almost think I might need a trigger on the drum.

HapHazzard
07-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Getting Drumagog to work in SAC is a little challenging but still can be done. At 2 x 64 samples and reactivating the live mode a couple of time will make Drumagog come to life. It must be in 0 latency or Live mode to work, found on the last tab of the plug in. A smart thing to do is to have the samples on another drive so as to not intrude SAC (or SAW) at its task.

Pretty neat stuff, but don't tell the drummer you're using it.

Hap

Wurst Werner
07-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm on Drumagog 4.11. Start SAC, load the sample and switch to live mode. Than you have to switch the SAC Live engine on&off one or two times, but than it works flawlessly. And I have the output level very low on drumagog, otherwise it causes clipping (but this depends mostly on the sample).

Christian

Butch Bos
07-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the help
I have a band that has a conga/Bongo player as the drummer and they try to simulate a kick drum with a mic Hi Lo passed under one of the congas.
Next show they may be surprised!!

Butch

DaveS
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
That's a great idea! Could work for other substitutions as well.

gdougherty
07-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I did that with kick and snare samples on a cajon using two mic's. One on the port and one on the front side. The result was quite cool.

badgerman
07-19-2010, 11:11 PM
I had the idea to run something like this where I would EQ different notes on my guitar into different channels and just trigger samples.

No real musical purpose, just as a fun little filler.

RBIngraham
07-25-2010, 09:23 AM
I had the idea to run something like this where I would EQ different notes on my guitar into different channels and just trigger samples.

No real musical purpose, just as a fun little filler.

Just dig up one of the old Roland Guitar Synth things.

IraSeigel
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
The older one seemed to require starting the SAC engine twice to get it active.

Someone told me that the newer updates had fixed that.

Bob L

I might have contributed a comment like that in an older thread. It was definitely a problem, and I was hoping that v5 would fix that. V5 is due out "in June 2010", according to their website :rolleyes:

I had good luck with apTrigga2. It's a terrible name, but I used it successfully by having a contact mic trigger a kick or snare sample. It worked fine, but the UI is a little limiting. There are probably better plugs out there, but this one was inexpensive and I could figure it out quickly enough, as opposed to D'gog.

Ira