PDA

View Full Version : More MWS things

soundtrack2life
01-17-2005, 10:44 PM
After I recorded a keyboard track in MWS I wanted to transpose it by an octive and in order to do this I had to stop SAW make the change and the resume playback. The option was grayed out during playback. I know this is a minor thing but I was always used to be able to do this while my other sequener was playing back. That goes for overall velocity changes as well. It would be nice to be able to preview the changes live in MWS.

Also for the MWS preferences it would be nice to have the option like in SAW to load different preference files and not just the save & clear option.

When I have a conductor / click track set for lets say 115 BPM if I change the BPM to lets just say 125. The midi information disapears. I have to clear the click track first to change the tempo and then re-select the click track. Shouldnt I be able to make tempo changes live with the conductor / click track? Am I correct with this? As a work around I guess I could have probablly just recorded a click myself independent of the conductor / click track feature.
Joe

Bob L
01-18-2005, 01:19 AM
You can make live velocity adjustments during playback using the green velocity offset fader... this does not alter the actual data, but allows you to listen and set an offset above or below the data value on the fly... very useful... if you want to write the data in after the fact, you can do that also by using the Velocity filter and the Controller Data disply mode. The details are in the helpfile.

You can change tempo and time signature after creating click conductor tracks and the click will be re-written to adjust... sounds to me like you may have moved the data from the default note on values and port values... if you do that, you should save the new settings so that each time the click track is re-written after tempo changes, it resets everything back to the correct port and note values. My guess is that the display may be dissapearing off the scale if you moved the note values far from the original octave. Or, if the display is still there, but the sound dissapears, then you have changed the port from the default and have not saved the Click/Conductor settings.

Bob L

soundtrack2life
01-18-2005, 06:18 AM
Let me dig a little deeper. I have been really under the weather the last couple of days with bad head and chest cold. My brain has not been firing on all cylinders ;). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Joe