PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from an HD failure

tbond
01-19-2005, 11:36 AM
In spite our best intentions, we all eventually skip a backup a backup. I've already flailed myself over that mistake...

I have managed to recover the files I need to wrap up a project, unfortunately the real file names are permenantly in the past tense collum. I've got about 3 dozen EDL's too, but that's really not the issue. In fact opening the EDL gave me, via the error msgs, the real file names. So I've got a dozen or so files with bogus names, the real file names, and all the regions and automation intact in Studio.

My question is this, is there any way I can pull info out of the EDL file to tie region names to file names. If I can get there I'm smilin'

Thanks
Tim Bond

Bob L
01-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Rail's EDL investigator can give you a good detailed list of the edl info... and also the EDL Convert program.

Rail is listed in the third party plugins page of the website.

EDL Convert is at www.cuibono-soft.com (http://www.cuibono-soft.com)

You can also just open the File View from the View menu in SAWStudio and see all files that are linked to the session... and put things back together that way... you really shouldn't need to worry about each Region... you really just need to files back in order.

Bob L