PDA

View Full Version : Saw Feature Suggestion

Tim Miskimon
08-23-2010, 07:56 AM
During a recording/editing session yesterday I thought of a feature request that would speed up work flow a bit.

I find myself switching between the Tranzport wireless controller & my Behringer 2000.
It would be cool if up on the right hand side where the wood grain is there were a few radio buttons that would allow easy selection of the controller you want to use "The Controller selection" area.
It would save mouse clicks and make controller selection just a mouse click away.
In the preferences area you could allow the user the option to assign any 2 or 3 controllers of choice to any of the radio buttons.
I know for me this would be a big time saver since I very often find myself switching back & forth up to a dozen times a day.

RBIngraham
08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
How about supporting more than just one controller at a time. In both SAW and SAC please. :D

Craig Allen
08-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I've been asking for that for years before SAC came out. I used SAW way back in the day to mix live and had a BCF and a Tranzport. I always hated having to shut down and restart to change controllers. But I don't see this one changing anytime soon.

Cary B. Cornett
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
By the way, Craig, reading a post from you helped me with my BCF2000. I hadn't thought of running it as a HUI or Mackie Control. Thanks! I have been using my BCF2000 that way ever since I got it. That said, so far I very seldom find myself using it for other than faders, pans, and mutes.

Bob L
08-23-2010, 03:01 PM
It is very complicated to scan and handle more than one controller definition at the same time... even if a combined template were designed... then the output midi definitions would be sent to both units and the units would be forced to receive codes that do not belong to them and would most likely crash or behave quite radically random.

A possibility would be to force different midi chans... or multiple ports with a different template scanned for each port... can we say slow and kudgy :)

The idea of the selection buttons with different templates preloaded is probably the best idea for handling this concept... but of course that means only one unit is still active at any one time.

Bob L

MikeDee
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
The idea of the selection buttons with different templates preloaded is probably the best idea for handling this concept... but of course that means only one unit is still active at any one time.

Bob L
Actually, Bob, Tim was asking for just that. (Rich later suggested more than just one controller at a time.)

I, too, like this concept...as long as it is not complicated and does not interfere with more urgent and important items. :)

Best regards,

Craig Allen
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I've got both units also. It would be a plus, but I understand problems that could occur from similar commands reaching the software from two different sources at the same time. If only one person is running SAW, using one or the othe unit, no problem. That would be a plus to not switch.
By the way, Craig, reading a post from you helped me with my BCF2000. I hadn't thought of running it as a HUI or Mackie Control. Thanks!
Glad I could help. THe BCF works well in Mackie HUI mode. Until I got a second one for SAC, I always went that way.

Tim Miskimon
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM

Bob L

That's what I was requesting...:)
Just an easier way to switch back & forth between different units.
Could you please make that work Bob?
Please, Pretty please?...:D