PDA

View Full Version : It's official!!

Sam C
01-20-2005, 10:40 AM
:)

I sold my Roland 2480, cleared Sonar 4 off of the computer, purchased a RME Fireface 800, I even re-painted my studio (looks good), and I purchased SAW lite! I am really looking forward to this major change. I have been using boxes for 15 years. Analog, then digital, and this is the most excited I have been.

I figure in about 1 year I may have some idea what I am doing!

I look forward to your help, gotta feeling I will be needing it. :eek:

bcorkery
01-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the club Sam. I doubt that it'll take you a year to get up to speed but you'll never stop learning how to better use this incredible tool. After over 10 years, I'm still learning.

Thanks formsters!

Bill Corkery

Bob L
01-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Welcome Sam... enjoy the ride as you learn how different the experience can be.

Bob L

Shawn
01-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Welcome aboard Sam,

Just wait till you get used to using the editing and automation in SAW, there is really nothing else like it!!

:)

AudioAstronomer
01-20-2005, 11:43 AM
welcome aboard sam!

Alex_G
01-20-2005, 11:59 AM
¡Bienvenido! :D

Alex

Rabbit
01-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Sam on a wise investment.

I'm a new user myself and I'm starting to get the hang of SSL now. Viewing the demos and instructional videos are super helpful.

mghtx
01-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Welcome Sam! After a while you will wonder how you got anything done on that Roland. I've still got my 1680. But not for much longer...... :)

Watch those videos until you know them so well that you quote them. :D

Oz Nimbus
01-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Welcome Sam! Just make sure to purchase a baseball bat so you can defend yourself against the deluge of clients you'll be getting :)

mikebuzz
01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Good choise SAM I still have my VS2480 ( I'm using it as a 96khz 8ch a/d with a RPC-1 card ) SAW is a great program and you'll be VERY impressed by the support !!!!!!!!!!! ( Bob is great and really supports his product )

It took me about 1 1/2 weeks to get the general idea of Saw , the compressors are really good ( absolutely kill the Roland comps. )also you will notice your mixes comming out much better in Saw ( not sure if it's just new stuff appeal or ???? ) but they sound much better to me , also the editing is VERY easy there are many things in SAw that you will have to get used to but ????

First the scenes you are used to are approached as saved mixes ( file/mix template/save-open ) also the locators are set by shift/click , sub grouping is very easy also , I suggest you get SIR convolution reverb and the Blockfish comp's as well for plugs All free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search for these things on this site , have FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAter
Buzz

Sam C
01-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks Mike. Nice to see a familiar face.

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

Carl G.
01-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

Congrats! Welcome aboard!

You'll never have to use sprayclean airspray on faders again!

Carl

soundtrack2life
01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
"You'll never have to use sprayclean airspray on faders again!"
It's been so long since I've done that and cleaned & demagnatized heads I almost forgot till you reminded me! :D
Joe

Alex_G
01-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Congrats! Welcome aboard!

You'll never have to use sprayclean airspray on faders again!

Carl

Hmmm... I remember when I broke my LCD monitor; trying to fix a zipper noise, applying Deoxit to the screen. :eek:

Alex

Yura
01-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Welcome!
and don't forget to use my skins for your days!
New will be soon!

Carl G.
01-20-2005, 07:50 PM
"You'll never have to use sprayclean airspray on faders again!"
It's been so long since I've done that and cleaned & demagnatized heads I almost forgot till you reminded me! :D
Joe
Yeah... not to mention...
What am I going to do with my MRL Reproducer 8 track Calibration tape?!
....but I'll never part with my QRK turntables with SME tonearms :)

Perry
01-20-2005, 08:49 PM
:cool: Welcome aboard Sam.. fasten your seatbelts and sit back for a real rocket ride. You'll likely be piloting this ship in a matter of days... not years!

IN the meantime if you direct your attention out the window to the left you'll see something of interest..... and over to your right.....

Just don't look back! :eek: There's nothing there of interest to see at all!

All the best :)

perry

John Hernandez
01-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Welcome, Sam! You're gonna love the ride!

Major blessings to ya!

Base1studio
01-21-2005, 05:31 AM
Welcome Sam! You're NEVER gonna miss those "boxes". You've just made a date with the best recordings of your life. ;)

Todd