PDA

View Full Version : Need some help guys 2 different devices ?

mikebuzz
01-21-2005, 03:05 AM
I just installed a Roland RPC-1 interface card It acts as a 96/48/44.1khz interface to the PC ( 8 ch's ) it acts like any device ( 8 ins/outs) I also have a EMU 0404 card for audio , heres the setup
1. Roland Vs2480 used as an A/D ( 8 ch's @ 96k ) and as Control Surface
2. Emu 0404 card for playback an 2 in's
3. standard setup in Saw

I have no problem recording directly into Saw though the 2480 and Rpc card , I run into problems when I need to overdub parts !!!! , the Rpc card will not act as a playback device ??? ( there may be some settings I'm not aware of I'm checking into that now )

I need to use the Rpc-1 as an input device and the Emu 0404 as a playback device ???? ( it appears that this is not possible , not sure ??? ) thats where I need my help I have a song that has to be mix'ed and finished Sat. ready for radio ( I have to master it myself , a whole new expirience , I know he's in trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

is there a way to setup up 2 different devices ??? , maybe ASIO 4ALL ???

Thanks
Buzz

:eek:

Bob L
01-21-2005, 04:43 AM
If you use the MME driver model, then you can setup both devices at the same time... with ASIO, only one manufacturer's driver can be used at any one time.

Bob L

Mountain Media
01-21-2005, 04:45 AM
I have no problem recording directly into Saw though the 2480 and Rpc card , I run into problems when I need to overdub parts !!!! , the Rpc card will not act as a playback device ??? ( there may be some settings I'm not aware of I'm checking into that now )

Thanks
Buzz

:eek:When it doesn't playback, do you get some message, or just no audio?

I'm sure you have checked, but since the RPC is new to your system, are the Audio Device options set for BOTH In and Out in SS?

I'm not at all familiar with these particular cards, but maybe some 'mixer panel' options in RPC for Monitoring during Input?

Hope you make the deadline!!:)

mikebuzz
01-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I found some more info on the card , It should setup as an in/out ( unfortunately Roland discontinued this product (*&%&^#$)*&$) and it had no manual for it when purchased on E-bay again (*&%)*(&%)%%

I don't believe there are MME drivers for it either so I'll just have to see if I can get it setup correctly with the info I have

Thanks
Buzz

PS: Bob how do you UNDO just the last thing you did ( say in MT doing overdubs and punched in the wrong place ) I tried EDL undo but that undo's to the last save it appears ????????????????????

Rabbit
01-21-2005, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=mikebuzz]I found some more info on the card , It should setup as an in/out ( unfortunately Roland discontinued this product (*&%&^#$)*&$) and it had no manual for it when purchased on E-bay again (*&%)*(&%)%%

I did a little checking at the Roland US website and here is the scoop on the manual:

"The Logic RPC Owner's Manual is an Adobe PDF document that is automatically placed in the "Emagic" folder that is created on your computer's hard disk when the Logic RPC software is installed. This is the complete comprehensive reference for the Emagic Logic RPC software included with the Studio Package. Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer to view this manual.

NOTE: The Logic RPC Owner's Manual is an independent document, and is NOT available from the "Help" menu within the Logic RPC program. "

I didn't find a downloadable manual or drivers.

Shawn
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
how do you UNDO just the last thing you did ( say in MT doing overdubs and punched in the wrong place ) I tried EDL undo but that undo's to the last save it appears ????????????????????

When recording, you can click on the Retake button that's on the recording transport control, then select "Retake to Last Record Position", this should get rid of any newly recorded region and reset the cursor back to the starting point of the last take, DO NOT click on "Retake All".

:)

Arco
01-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Also..

use your Backspace key to undo previous take...very easy!

(check out keyboard shortcuts here too.)

mikebuzz
01-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Arco THAT WAS IT !!!! thank you , I tried looking in the help file but only found EDL ???? under undo .

Thanks
Buzz

Bob L
01-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Undo files are not created when recording... due to many internal buffering issues and the freedom to punch in and out on the fly... so the Retake option is there to handle most cases of doing it over... and you should also get familiar with the Snapshot function which creates an undo when you want it... the NumPad * key... create a snapshot just before you start recording and overdubbing and you can always get back to where you started with one undo.

If you get some good stuff... hit the key again and that gives you a safety net to jump back to again.

Bob L