PDA

View Full Version : Wav view refresh?

AudioAstronomer
06-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I have a project where iI imported the entire project (from another daw) to find when i exported in that daw, the master fader was down -17. So I simply redid it all, everything sounds as it should. Problem is, the wav view is not displaying the tracks properly, and this is making editing very, very hard. Is there a way to refersh the wav view in the MT without reimporting everything? I've already madea few edits and quite a bit of automation, so starting over would be quite a bit of work lost I think.

Pedro Itriago
06-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Could this by any chance fix your problem??? :cool:

(taken from the SS help file)

<<ReFresh Selected Entries Peak Data Files
This option forces a peak data refresh on all selected files. Use this option after first opening an edl file created outside of the SAWStudio environment, such as one created from the EDL Convert Pro program or other edl manipulation utilities. In most cases, peak data files are not created by these programs and will need to be created in SAWStudio in order to see waveform data in the MultiTrack under most zoom conditions.>>

You can find it on view/file then you'll get the view file window, then click on the blue pyramid and there you'll get a 3 item menu. Refresh selected entries is the last one.

AudioAstronomer
06-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Thank you pedro. Im still learning :)

Pedro Itriago
06-09-2004, 12:13 PM
No sweat, we're all learners ;)

MrAnderson
06-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi there

I was just about to post with a similar problem - not the same but similar. Not the same because we recorded directly to the MT rather than an import from another DAW.

We have an issue where the peak data information is way out and like audio astro we are finding editing a real problem. Editing with ears only and not sight . . . . the old way!!

We were recording an on-site voice only program and it went out to about 8 hours on the timeline. When we bought it back the BASE to edit it up we seemd to lose all sync between the wpd and the regions. Even double click to get into the actual soundfile view caused some intersting issues.

A wpd refresh command would be great although the note Pedro made re view\file and blur pyramid has only left me with 2 options and refresh wpd is not one of them.

We have worked around it for now in that we have re-written the selected files to a hot track but the refresh would be a much simpler way to go.

I will go to the help file but not sure why this happens and would love a fix or a lesson to resolve . . . . .

Steve

Bob L
06-09-2004, 06:34 PM
You can refresh the peak data in a few ways...

First, simply delete the wpd and the program will recreate them when it opens the files next time.

Or... double click the file into the SoundFile View window and press the R-key to Refresh the peak data...

Or... do as was suggested and do multiple files all at once in the File View... select the files and then use the option to Refresh the selected entries.

If you are missing the Refresh option in the File view, you are using an older version... download the current update.

Bob L

MrAnderson
06-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Thank you :D