PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Exporting tracks and mixdwn infrom SAW

operationwhat
09-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi I just recorded some stuff in SAW and I can' get along with the software.I'm a Nuendo user and It bugz me that I just can not select a section that I want to be mixdowned and just export it as a mp3 or wav file.Can anyone help....what is the procedure? Also how can I export certain tracks unprocessed from the project,let's say:1-4-8-9-11... :confused:

Thanx!!!

Ian Alexander
09-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome.:)

To mixdown a section from the MultiTrack, press B at the beginning and E at the end to mark it. Then click the Process/Mixdown menu and choose Build Mix to New SoundFile(s). That will popup a dialog box where you choose parameters and filename and create a wav file.

To mix to mp3, you can get the free LACE plugin from JMS Audioware.

http://www.jms-audioware.com/lace.htm

Put LACE in the final resolution FX patch on Output track 1, choose the output file parameters in the plug, and follow the procedure above, except choose Build Mix to Fx Modules.

Or you can take the wav and convert it to mp3 in any external program you like.

Ian Alexander
09-28-2010, 11:25 AM
To export selected tracks, first choose the tracks by clicking the track numbers, so the backgrounds turn black. Then choose Export Tracks from the Process/Mixdown menu. You can export with or without processing.

operationwhat
09-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!
You have just saved my life!!!!!!!! :D

Ian Alexander
09-28-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll put that on my resume.:cool:

Microstudio
09-29-2010, 05:59 AM
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!
You have just saved my life!!!!!!!! :D

goto www.thessvideos.com (http://www.thessvideos.com) and watch the videos you will learn SAW & MWS FAST Now who saved your life ;)

Arco
09-29-2010, 09:35 AM
SAW isn't like most Windows programs so it's VERY beneficial to run through tutorials, videos, until you get the hang of it---then all of sudden a light will go off and you'll get the design concept (I swear, I heard the angels sing).

best of luck.