PDA

View Full Version : analyzer not working on monitor solo?

janneman
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
hello guys
I can not get any analyzers working on the Mon solo patch.
on the solo FOH is working OK.
my Monitor engineer would like to have an analyzer aswell
if I insert an EQ in the MON patch, I can hear it working
but it's not visible on an Analyzer.

any suggestions?

greetings
janneman

Bob L
10-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Patch the analyzer into the MON Solo patch.

Then you must be using a system set as MON status to be able to hear it on the MON Solo Bus.

A system set as FOH status will be hearing things patched in the FOH Solo patch view.

Bob L

janneman
10-16-2010, 09:12 AM
hello bob

Patch the analyzer into the MON Solo patch.

Then you must be using a system set as MON status to be able to hear it on the MON Solo Bus.

A system set as FOH status will be hearing things patched in the FOH Solo patch view.

Bob L

I think this is excatly wat I did.
when I listen to the MON solo, I can hear the studio grafic equalizer working, wich I inserted in this channel for testing, but see no audio in the analyzer.
maybe because I have set the remote to FOH/MON status?

greetings
janneman

Donnie Frank
10-16-2010, 09:51 AM
hello bob

when I listen to the MON solo, I can hear the studio grafic equalizer working, wich I inserted in this channel for testing, but see no audio in the analyzer.

greetings
janneman

I actually patch it into my talk-back mic (pre-fader so it still works if the channel is muted), which is a wireless headset mic. Boost the input gain on the analyzer a bit. This will not only allow the analyzer to pick up all ambient room noise (provided the mic is open), but will also allow you to imitate unwanted frequencies by whistling or humming. This is an invaluable training tool for when you *don't* have an analyzer.

905shmick
10-17-2010, 09:26 AM
hello bob

greetings
janneman

I experienced this yesterday as well.

My SACRemote PC is set to FOH-MON status. If I patch the analyzer into the MON solo bus, I don't see anything on the analyzer. If I patch the analyzer into an input or output channel directly, I see the analyzer working.

Bob L
10-17-2010, 10:28 AM
The status is MON-FOH... that means you will be listening to the MON solo bus although you can still have FOH access... but you will still need to patch the Analyzer in the MON solo patch.

Bob L

905shmick
10-17-2010, 10:51 AM
The status is MON-FOH... that means you will be listening to the MON solo bus although you can still have FOH access... but you will still need to patch the Analyzer in the MON solo patch.

Bob L

Pretty sure I did that.

905shmick
10-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Just tried this at home with MON-FOH access on a remote and it works properly.