PDA

View Full Version : Studio Reverb Save as

Bud Johnson
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Whenever I save a preset with a unique name, it gets written to the rvrbsets folder, but is not recallable by the prog. It shows the preset, but with the same name as the default setting it started as. Consequently I have like 5 MMHall_Large presets with no way to discern which is which. I believe Studio reverb discerns the name not from the file, but the code.
I have opened .rvs files in notepad, changed the name there, even with a carriage return at the end, to no avail. Anyone know what I need to do?
Probably a Q for Bob, or poss MM.

Bob L
10-22-2010, 05:26 PM
When you create a new preset... click in the NAME field at the top of the reverb interface and change it... then use the SAVE-AS and save the actual preset file and enter a name there for the file itself.

Bob L

Bud Johnson
10-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Okay,
Clicked on the file name "default". Changed it to testee. Then did save as, named it testee, It is is the rvrbsets folder. When I try to open it, Studio Reverb does not see it. This was after closing and opening SS again.
?

Bud Johnson
10-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Also I noticed, when I re named "default" to testee, and clicked save as, the name field reverted to "default" as soon as I clicked save as. There doesn't seem to be any way to avoid this.
SS Reverberator 2.0. SS 4.9a.
?

UpTilDawn
10-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Also I noticed, when I re named "default" to testee, and clicked save as, the name field reverted to "default" as soon as I clicked save as. There doesn't seem to be any way to avoid this.
SS Reverberator 2.0. SS 4.9a.
?

Hit the Enter key to get the new name to stick..... That one got me a few times before it stuck too...

tomasino
03-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Hit the Enter key to get the new name to stick..... That one got me a few times before it stuck too...

Got me again. :mad:

IMHO this is wonky and should be easier to use.

Also, it's locked to the RverbSets folder (under Native_Plugins).. can save it to a project/song folder, but can't recall it from there.

I rather save all plug settings and recall them from the project folder. (everything defaults to the Native_PlugIns folder).
Can this be configured somewhere?