PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke System Advice

NGNEER
10-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I am looking to build a small karaoke system to use in some bars around the city. I would like to implement SAW in this system and utilize the recording to provide participants with the option to have a recording of themselves. My question is what software recommendations would you suggest and does saw have the capability of playing the karaoke files. I would like to have the system as portable as possible.

Dave Labrecque
10-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I am looking to build a small karaoke system to use in some bars around the city. I would like to implement SAW in this system and utilize the recording to provide participants with the option to have a recording of themselves. My question is what software recommendations would you suggest and does saw have the capability of playing the karaoke files. I would like to have the system as portable as possible.

I don't think you could do the song playback from SAW, because you need to output the lyrics scroll thingy in real time with the music. I think you need a special CD player that has the video output, or perhaps a software player that will send the text to your computer's VGA or S-video output. I really don't know anything about those things, though.

You could record the song and singer to SAW in real time, though. You could even set up SAW in live mode (or SAW/SAC)to do the live P.A. mix, adding software reverb, EQ and compression if you wanted.

Others will know more about the specifics of CD+G (karaoke) discs.

Hey, I did a quick Google. Looks like there are indeed software options out there, like this:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgfilter.php

This one's a filter that can be loaded into many media players so that they will play CD+G tracks and display the graphics. Although this one requires you to rip the track to your hard drive. Might not be the slickest way to go.

Dan Fulton
11-01-2010, 07:31 AM
check out virtual dj or PCDJ