PDA

View Full Version : Way OT - Video Streaming

Mike Bizanovich
11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Anybody doing live "or kind of live" streaming video? A church I'm working with is looking for that kind of solution. I've found 3 methods so far, Windows Media Server, Flash Server & Mac OS server. Any insights on what to stay away from, or which direction to head in, would be helpful. Thanks!

Microstudio
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Check this out http://www.avarena.org/

I believe it is free to watch and broadcast.

Angie
11-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Anybody doing live "or kind of live" streaming video? A church I'm working with is looking for that kind of solution. I've found 3 methods so far, Windows Media Server, Flash Server & Mac OS server. Any insights on what to stay away from, or which direction to head in, would be helpful. Thanks!

Our church has been looking into this for a year now. Originally they wanted to go with Ustream. But the lag and re-compression was not to everyone's liking. Now the attention is to set-up our own server and stream directly to the website. Other churches in the area seem to be using truthcasting.com . Though I believe they are just uploading and not streaming live.

Bob L
11-10-2010, 01:31 PM
The Flash Streaming codec is free on the Adobe site... I have set it up on a site and they are streaming 720 x 480 full blown Live camera 29.97 feeds to a DV firewire input... the stream itself is very decent.... and most every browser everywhere can play back flash with no additional player needed.

Bob L