PDA

View Full Version : JMS Buss problem

Jesse Skeens
06-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to test out sending to and from an external piece of gear.

I'm then trying to record this back onto a track. I've set up the aux return so that it feeds buss 1 off the JMS plug. I then set up a track and insert the JMS with it receiving from buss 1. The problem is that I don't get any signal like this. The only way I've been able to get signal is to insert a VSTi on the same channel but ahead of the JMS plug. Is there some other trick to getting the feed from JMS to show up on a channel?

Jesse

Jesse Skeens
06-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Ok also figured out that if I set the channel input to any available setting other than multitrack it works as well. So I got the buss to send from my aux return to a channel input. Problem is that there is now a latency corresponding to the buffers. Does using the JMS plug to route back somehow defeat the automatical delay comp that the auxes have when interfacing with external gear?

Jesse

Bob L
06-10-2004, 02:47 AM
Jesse,

If you are going to record the signal... who cares about latency... once it is recorded simply slide it into a perfect position.

You can also record the early signal sent from the auxes by simply arming a track to pick up the return device directly... not through the channel strip but simply at the device input itself... this might actually give you an early signal as oppossed to a latent one...

Bob L

Jesse Skeens
06-10-2004, 04:48 AM
True it doesnt matter, I was just curious as to why all of a sudden there was a delay when there wasnt before.

Jesse