PDA

View Full Version : Unlinking Z-Mixer from F-Mixer

NoFear13X
11-18-2010, 02:15 AM
I currently have my Z-Mixer set up across the bottom of my screen lined up with the channels of my BCF. It only shows the fader/meter, since mute and solo are already on the BCF. My issue is that when I click on something on the F-Mixer to modfiy it, (i.e. I double-click DYN to adjust the compressor) the Z-Mixer jumps to that part of the console as well, so I lose my faders/meters. I'd like the Z-Mixer to always stay on faders. I unlinked everything under "navigation links", and while that helps me keep my BCF and Z-Mixer on the same channel aside from the hot channel and whatever I'm adjusting on the F-Mixer, it still scrolls both of them up to that section of the console if I double-click it. I'm assuming this is normal behavior, but is there a workaround? What does everyone else do?

Trackzilla
11-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Don't use the section calls on the Fmixer...doubleclicking on the Fmixer hot buttons calls that section to the zoom mixer, which it politely brings an instance of up in case it isn't already there, but as a side effect that snaps both temporary and static zmixers to that section. I shrink my fmixer down to show just the faders and scribble strips and leave the W mixer up as well. the Z mixer is locked to the controller and doesn't chase hot channel, the f & W mixer are set to chase hot channel but not the controller. That way I adjust the non-controller stuff with the Wmixer, and the Zmixer always shows what the controller is doing, I use the controllers buttons to navigate channels in banks, and the mouse & arrow keys to navigate channels in the F&W mixers, no problem.

Bob L
11-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Unlink the Z mixer from chasing the Hot Channel in the Mixer menu Navigation Links... then save your default preferences... or shift-right-click the Z Mixer Close button to temporarily lock it in place horizontally and vertically until you right-click the Close button again.

Bob L

NoFear13X
11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
VERY cool on the shift-right click to lock the Z Mixer. That was exactly what I was looking for. And Track, I think we pretty much have the same preferences in terms of layout, I just couldn't figure out how to lock the Z Mixer for the life of me.

One last question -- My W-Mixer is about one column short on my portrait LCD's display on 776x1366 resolution. Any great ideas for using that? Do I just bury one of the columns on the right off the screen?

dbarrow
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Unlink the Z mixer from chasing the Hot Channel in the Mixer menu Navigation Links... then save your default preferences... or shift-right-click the Z Mixer Close button to temporarily lock it in place horizontally and vertically until you right-click the Close button again.

Bob LI love this program! I just learned another wonderful trick!