PDA

View Full Version : Record Template Question

William Bushnell
02-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Hello,

Trying to get the record template function to work but must be missing something. Here is what I tried as a simple test.

1. Opened Saw Studio
2. Added labels to track 1 and 2 in the MultiTrack
3. Pressed track 1 Record Button and assigned track 1 to device 01L
4. Pressed track 2 Record Button and assigned track 2 to device 02R
5. Saved the new session
6. Then file> Record Template File > Save, gave the Record template file a name and then clicked Save
7. Closed session then Saw Studio
8. Opened Saw Studio, named and saved a new session, then opened the previously saved Record Template File
9. Held down the Control Key tried to left click on one of the MultiTrack record buttons but happened (record button did not detent)

From the Record Template Help file:
OPEN
This option allows you to open a preset Record Template which can then be utilized by pressing the [Ctrl] key and any MultiTrack record button.

If I understand the help file and manual correctly, the Record Template File should have applied track labels and device assignments to the new session. This will be a great time saver when recording live if I can get it to work.

What am I missing? Thanks.

W. Bushnell

Yura
02-02-2005, 07:55 PM
William,

You just must to re-order your steps 5 and 6.

But I do save the record template for each my session: contrl+click on close rec panel, before I save the session.

And what is important for record paths to be always belonging to first assigned - you must live field "soundfile record path" blank (Options => File path setup)

After this you cntrl+click on rec button and all will be fine

Veit Kenner
02-03-2005, 12:45 AM
contrl+click on close rec panel, before I save the session.
Yura is right,

you have to CTRL+click to close the record panel to sort of store the settings first before you can recall them.

Veit

William Bushnell
02-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Hello Yura and Veit,

Thanks for the information. Left clicking to first close the record meters then saving the Record Template File fixed the problem. Concerning the track labels being saved in the Record Template file, I see that is a function of the Mix Template File. Don't know how I had that part of it wrong. Thanks again.

W. Bushnell

Veit Kenner
02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Concerning the track labels being saved in the Record Template file, I see that is a function of the Mix Template File. Don't know how I had that part of it wrong. Thanks again.
Glad to hear that it works now.

SAWStudio's template system is a mighty feature set but it can be confusing sometimes. You are not alone :-)

Veit