PDA

View Full Version : remote mute problem

Butch Bos
11-29-2010, 12:05 AM
I had a small problem with unmuting from a wired remote and not having the host unmute some monitor chs
I think I remember a thread about this a while ago
It showed not muted on the remote but muting and unmuting again fixed it
I was using a BCF2000 in Mackie mode if this makes any difference
Any Ideas??
Only happened a couple times on a couple different gigs.

Butch

Trackzilla
11-29-2010, 01:30 AM
I've had that happen on rare occasion...not often or predictably that I've seen a pattern to anyway. If I simply try again by remuting & unmuting again at the remote it's always been OK, I've simply attributed it to a minor network hiccup, some lost packet of data or something.

KUI
11-29-2010, 06:46 AM
I have found this can be caused by several things.

1 Make sure that SAC remote is running in realtime priority.

2 Try single CPU in the remote.

3 Check your network card advanced properties. IE, I built a new host and had this problem all last week with a remote that worked fine with my older host machine. New host mob from ASUS has an atheros network adapter. This adapter installs with only 2 Tx buffers and 4 Rx buffers.
Changed these to 16 and 32 and my mute problem went away.

Hope this helps.

KUI

Frank DeWitt
11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes, I brought this up a while back. I could reproduce it by hitting solo quite quickly on the MotorMix on the remote.

Frank

Bob L
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes... and as you can see by KUI's suggestions... the fix most likely lies outside of SAC... there can be many things involved in causing this issue... I simply can not duplicate this problem on my systems.

Bob L

Butch Bos
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
I think it may have been when I was hitting the mute buttons on the BCF2000 quickly when the band came back from break (I know use a scene)
I will try to duplicate

Butch

Bob L
11-29-2010, 09:40 PM
You don't need a scene for mute groups... you can use an out group latch fader... just press the group latch mute and all chans assigned to it will mute also... or create a group preset and then when the band comes back... select the preset and press any of the chan mutes... they all will unmute... or use a Reverse Latch and then just hold the Alt key and press any of the mutes and they all will work together.

Bob L

Butch Bos
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks Bob for the reminder of reverse latch
I have used it but forgot. It was after a VERY LONG day after a VERY LONG week and as usual the bands rider had nothing to do with what they really wanted so 15 min to reset everything and go.
Nothing more fun than setting in ear mixes on the fly.

Butch