PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix a stupid mistake

mikebuzz
02-05-2005, 02:14 AM
I did'nt check my levels as I was having monitoring problems , so when I went and checked the master levels they were down at -20db ???? (&^$ I have already done the automixing ( too tired and didn't pay attention )

So I want to bring up all of the levels without having to redo the automation , is there a way to do this and keep all of my automation ???? In other words drag the levels and automation up ????

Thanks
Buzz

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:mad:

weld
02-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Rigth next to Aut button is de Ofs....click and rise all your faders then click again Ofs button....(off)...

Voila !!! :)

hope that help

Eric
02-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Could you subgroup them, then bring down the groups and bring up the master?

kent
02-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Weld is correct here. Read your Help file for 'Offset mode, Activating'. This explains exactly what you want to do.

Oz Nimbus
02-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I always wondered what that was for! Damn! That'll make life MUCH easier! :)

AudioAstronomer
02-05-2005, 11:08 AM
slightly off topic but.. glenn, did you get my phone message?

Jay Q
02-05-2005, 11:59 AM
So I want to bring up all of the levels without having to redo the automation , is there a way to do this and keep all of my automation ???? In other words drag the levels and automation up ????As Weld states, use the Offset button. I prefer to use Shift + Offset because this lets you adjust relative levels, but the functionality is the same. Simply select all the tracks whose levels you want to adjust, then click (Shift +) Offset, adjust levels, click Offset off and you're done.

Jay

mikebuzz
02-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys I read that in the manual but never really grasped the function and it's application ( hey a STUPID Button WOW thanks Bob !!! )

Later
Buzz

mikebuzz
02-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Btw is the manual as hard to find info for you as it is for me ?????

I find it hard to get a full discription of a function in the manual , looking through the sections is tedious , when I search for a function I get lots of instances of that word but not really what I'm looking for most of the time.

WHat Is the concept of the layout ?????? this has baffled me since the beginning ( man am I stupid or what but I just have a hard time find the info I need )

Later
Buzz

Ok I just went looking around the manual and found that most of the info I have needed lately is in the MT section !!!! duhhh again , Sorry

Bob L
02-06-2005, 01:25 AM
As I stated many times... you can save countless hours by simply reading the whole manual in one sitting from front to back... you will see how it is organized and you will gain hundreds of details that will make your SAW experience much easier. :)

Bob L

Carlos Mills
02-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Hi Bob,

As I stated many times... you can save countless hours by simply reading the whole manual in one sitting from front to back... you will see how it is organized and you will gain hundreds of details that will make your SAW experience much easier. :)

Yes Bob, this is so true... I remember when I was starting with SAWPro, I did exactly what you are saying AND also translated the manual to Portuguese at the same time. By doing this, I had to be absolutely sure about what I was writing... so it was a wonderful way to learn the software. Every time I need to do something, I know what the faster route is, since there are so many different ways to accomplish the same result... :cool:

Best regards,

Carlos