PDA

View Full Version : SawStudio API - JMS latency compensator

David Hayes
06-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Bob,

Does the API allow you to know if you are SRP'd or not? I have toubles trying to punch in with the Latency compensator in the loop. Audio gets garbled. If there is some hook to query whether or not you are in SRP mode then we talk John into checking that "bit" and disabling the compensation. At that point you would probably also want to mute all outgoing reverb so it doesn't come through with 16k of latency. You would have no SIR during SRP but at least it would be automatic. Beats removing it and re-patching it all the time.

David Hayes

Jesse Skeens
06-10-2004, 07:44 PM
When you use SIR with 16k latency on JMS what are your buffers in Saw set to? From what I've experienced it seems like your buffers in Saw have to be greater or equal to any latency compensation you add.

Jesse

Bob L
06-11-2004, 08:55 AM
David,

There should be no need for the plugs to know about SRP or not... to them the playback loop is all they need to know about.

I don't use the latency plug because I have eliminated plugs that cause latency.

Nothing comes to mind quickly why SRP should cause problems as opposed to normal playback... let me look into it.

Bob L

David Hayes
06-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Let me clarify... Its not the SRP audio playback. When I punch in with the Latency compensator activated, the recorded audio is garbled. No problem with the playback during SRP but the punched-in region is chinese.

David Hayes

Bob L
06-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Ok... I will have to see what's going on...

Probably depends on if the plug is patched Pre and you are recording through the mixer channel... if that's the case... then... no good... the record signal is taken from after the Pre patch point, and Jon's plug is messing with the data flow... that is probably what corrupts the data that gets to disk...

So patch the plug in Pst and I bet your recording will work fine... or if you must patch Pre... then make sure to record direct from a device input and not through the mixer channel that has the plug patched.

Is that possibly what you are doing?

Bob L

David Hayes
06-12-2004, 03:44 PM
The Latency compensator and SIR are patched PRE in an aux channel. I am attempting to punch in over the top of audio in a MT channel. Should I try moving SIR and letency compensator to POST in the aux channel?

DHayes

Bob L
06-13-2004, 08:14 AM
I'll have to try this out with plugs like SIR and the latency compensator... could be that all of the buffer shifting and relooping of MT data due to the plugs absorbing data may be causing a problem...

You may find that keeping the session simple while overdubbing is the way to work... use simple reverb plugs that don't cause all this buffer shifting... when you are through with the recording phase... then use the SIR and your more detailed plugs... while working on the final mix.

Bob L