PDA

View Full Version : Weird EDL Problem

Tukarstudio
01-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Hello Bob and All,
I'm having a problem with an EDL that is really stumping me. If I play the song from the beginning, the vocal track cuts out in a couple of spots toward the beginning. But if I stop it and then start it from where the vocal comes in, it plays fine. It does the same thing if I do a build mix to soundfile. I've looked for erronous automation and can't find anything unusual. We're talking about a song that has only 9 tracks. Help it's driving me crazy.

ffarrell
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
System info please - interface / hardware ?

Session info please - plug ins ?

thanks
fvf

Hello Bob and All,
I'm having a problem with an EDL that is really stumping me. If I play the song from the beginning, the vocal track cuts out in a couple of spots toward the beginning. But if I stop it and then start it from where the vocal comes in, it plays fine. It does the same thing if I do a build mix to soundfile. I've looked for erronous automation and can't find anything unusual. We're talking about a song that has only 9 tracks. Help it's driving me crazy.

Ian Alexander
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Minimize the MT window and check the connections on the back for that track. Sounds like something is loose.:p

Tukarstudio
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Frank,
Sorry for the lack of info. I've been using this setup for about 6 years and never had a problem like this. System is an HP DC7600, 4 gig of RAM, SATA drives (1 for system, 1 for recording), a MOTU 24i with a pci324 and XP home edition. For plugins there are 2 instances of Bobs delay on individual tracks, 1 instance of Voxengo Redunoise, Revolverb on Return 1 and delay on Return 2. That's it but the MT load is about 55%.

Thanks for your help Mr. Frank

Arco
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Hello Bob and All,

Try copying the vocal regions to a new track and clean them of everything - delete all automation, etc. Mute the problem track, and see if there's any change.

You can also make a copy of the EDL and clean it track by track of all automation--another way to do the same thing.

When it cuts out, always the same spots? Is the Gate set?

Tukarstudio
01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, thank for the responses. Looks like Ian was right! It was a bad connection. I figured out it was the Redunoise that was causing the problem. So I deleted it and reinstalled it and it works correctly now. Thanks Frank for mentioning plug-ins. Sorry to bother Y'all, I should have thought of that first.

Thanks again.