PDA

View Full Version : my first SAW shade

dhise
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I finally came up with a SAW shade after all these years. Been using the Contemporary shade mostly, so I recycled a few bits that I really liked otherwise I wanted to strip away all the lines and gradients that clutter up the interface.

Hap was very generous in sharing some of his button making techniques with me, and I think his buttons in the LitesOn SAC shade are great so I went with that style. However I did put all the text within the buttons wherever I could.

I have a couple of bits to wrap up but I will post a link for the shade this weekend for those interested in checking it out.

-Doug

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss218/doug_h926/screen-1.jpg

Rabbit
01-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Definitely looks useable Doug, I'll check it out for sure. Thanks for the time and effort.

demodoc
01-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Nice looking...great job!:D

Himhui
01-06-2011, 01:18 AM
The color combination is quite nice !!

dhise
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Pretty sure I got it all now. D/L here:

SAW shade (http://home.comcast.net/~critterschoice/SAW_Clean.zip)

-Doug

demodoc
01-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Very nice overall. One thing though...I see that the track colors are all different from the stock ones...in many cases they look great, however the color/texture that shows up for "Green stone" is such that the region labeling is impossible to read! Other than that, nice job.:)

dhise
01-07-2011, 08:05 AM
I personally never switched the track colors too much, so I wanted to put something different in there. I'm sure a few of them aren't very practical, but maybe they'll break up the monotony of a late night editing session.:) There are a few gray ones at the top of the list. The rest were just for fun.

If you're familiar with resource hacker it would be very easy to swap textures from any shade to another.

-Doug

demodoc
01-07-2011, 10:56 AM
No not familiar with Resource Hacker...not a big deal. I use "Military Enhanced" 99% of the time anyway...it's easy on the eyes (not too much color) and matches the Sonoris meter perfectly. Just thought I'd let you know about the track colors, that's all. Thanks!