PDA

View Full Version : Moving wavs and control track

Andy Follett
01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I have had SAW running backing tracks through SAC for my band and running the lights as well sending midi notes on/off out of the control track. I had all these backing tracks in one edl file and it has gone from a few (managable) songs to many (read unmanagable) songs and now I want to split each song into its own edl and use the Show Control to run my song selection.

I figured the easiest way for me to understand the process was take the "big" edl, select/delete what I didn't want, "slide" the rest of the data to the beginning of the track, and save it under it's own edl/name.

I can move the wav files fine but I can't figure out how to move the wav files AND the control track data (light controller data) at the same time. These need to remain synced up with each other as the lights are timed to the songs.

How do I select everything at once (ala control A in windows) and move it all as "one unit" to the beginning of a track?

Bob L
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
If you use the slip track function (right-click the track label)... then you can select all tracks and the ctrl-track by clicking in the track number area... this will keep the ctrl-trk in sync.

You can also use Select Mode to select all your track entries and then also select the ctrl-trk and it will remain in sync as you slide the selections.

Bob L

Veit Kenner
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I can move the wav files fine but I can't figure out how to move the wav files AND the control track data (light controller data) at the same time. These need to remain synced up with each other as the lights are timed to the songs.

Andy,

highlight the area to be moved with the "b" and "e" keys. If you have only one region to be moved "CTRL+b" does the same.

Then mark the track numbers (on the left) and the "1C" of the controltrack so that they turn black with white letters.

Place the MT-cursor where you want the song to be positioned. Most likely the beginning of your MT.

Finally right click on the label of the audio track and select "Slip Track To Cursor On Current Layer (Marked Area)". This should do what you want.

Veit

Cary B. Cornett
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I strongly suggest that you look up "Extract Session" in the help file and read carefully. It allows yoiu to take that one big EDL, mark the section that you want to move to its own EDL, and automate the process of moving all session data in the marked area to a new EDL. That information is also deleted from the source EDL. I would suggest saving the big EDL under a new name first, then begin extracting individual song EDL's.

After you extract the session data of that one song to the new EDL, the information will be in the same place on the time line as it was in the original source EDL, but then you can use "slip track" to move it all to the start of the time line.

Andy Follett
01-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the replies. Nowhere else in software land would I have expected and received an answer, especially from the author, in less than an hour.

I couldn't figure out how to select more than one track at a time. Highlighting the each track and the track number was the missing link for me.

Thanks again.